Recent

Author Topic: TshellTreeView/TTreeView with columns?  (Read 2062 times)

pusuni

TshellTreeView/TTreeView with columns?
« on: August 31, 2018, 04:57:15 pm »
Hi!
I've been looking for a TshellTreeView or TTreeView control WITH  columns in Lazarus IDE without  any success. Has Lazarus that control?

Thanks in advanced

wp

Re: TshellTreeView/TTreeView with columns?
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2018, 05:17:11 pm »
The LCL TreeView does not support columns, but the one in the VirtualTreeViews package does - in Lazarus trunk it is even included in the distribution. Or use Online-Package-Manager to install it from the component repository.

pusuni

« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2018, 05:42:59 pm »
Thanks for the information

I've seen differents versions for that control in the WEB. Could you say to me what the last version  compatible with lazarus?

and what kind of License has?

wp

« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2018, 06:44:32 pm »
What is your Lazarus version? I think after v1.8 there is Online-Package-Manager (OPM) to help you install verified and maintained packages only. You must first install it (Package > Install/uninstall packages), then you find it in the Package menu. Run it and check one of the two VirtualTreeViews versions (an old one 4.9.7, and a newer one 5.5.3) and click Install.

If you have a Lazarus version before 1.8 then you should go to https://github.com/blikblum/VirtualTreeView-Lazarus which contains the adapted version for Lazarus.

pusuni

« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2018, 07:50:37 pm »
Thanks again.

I have Lazarus 1.8.4. in my PC. I've following your instructions. I've seen the two different versions already.

What version do you suggest? What difference is there?

wp

« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2018, 07:58:38 pm »
I had been using both. Normally the stable old version is enough, I did not have any issues with it. As usual it is more difficult to switch from the new version back to the old one. Therefore, I'd recommend to begin with the old one and use the new one only if you run into problems - then you most probably must stay there.

TinyPortal © 2005-2018