Recent

Author Topic: Map  (Read 4679 times)

trevor

Map
« on: September 01, 2018, 06:41:20 am »
What if I need a native map (like TMapView in Delphi) but for macOS? Where I can find it?

Handoko

• My goal: build my own game engine using Lazarus
Re: Map
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2018, 06:57:06 am »
Maybe this link below can be useful for you:
https://forum.lazarus.freepascal.org/index.php?topic=31056.0

trevor

« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2018, 07:05:47 am »
Thanks but I need from Apple (not Google)  :-\

Hansaplast

• Tweaking4All.com
    • Tweaking4All
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2018, 10:45:41 am »
In the link Trevor provided, you'll find TMapViewer which support Google Maps, etc.

If you want to use Apple Maps then you'll have to implement Apple's Map Kit - I did search for it, but couldn't find an implementation.

Maybe the creator of TMapViewer would be open to add support for Apple Maps as well, but I'm not sure it's still maintained, and I'm not sure Apple Maps can be used cross platform (without using Map Kit).

wp

« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2018, 11:33:55 am »
First of all: I am not the author of TMapViewer, but I tried to maintain the package linked above - the current sources are on ccr: https://sourceforge.net/p/lazarus-ccr/svn/HEAD/tree/components/lazmapviewer/. There are some drawing glitches here and there, as well as a memory leak. I cannot focus on this project ATM, but it will be fixed in some time (maybe someone of the communit wants to dive in?)...

The procedure TMapViewerEngine.RegisterProviders in unit mvEngine registers the urls including all parameters for several map providers. Apple is not among them, but if you find out their calling convention, you can certainly add it and give the lazMapViewer package a try.

TinyPortal © 2005-2018