Recent

Author Topic: KControls not installing  (Read 3867 times)

dfspannie

KControls not installing
« on: September 06, 2018, 10:45:36 am »
When trying to install KControls, I get the following error :

Compile package KControlsLaz 1.7: Exit code 1, Errors: 1, Warnings: 5, Hints: 4
kgraphics.pas(373,15) Warning: An inherited method is hidden by "Clear;"
kgraphics.pas(528,15) Note: Virtual method "Paint;" has a lower visibility (protected) than parent class THintWindow (public)
kgraphics.pas(542,15) Note: Virtual method "Paint;" has a lower visibility (protected) than parent class THintWindow (public)
kgraphics.pas(1079,36) Warning: Symbol "Handle" is deprecated
kgraphics.pas(3020,3) Note: Local variable "TextPtr" is assigned but never used
kgraphics.pas(3052,3) Note: Local variable "TextPtr" is assigned but never used
kmemo.pas(1525,78) Warning: Symbol "CM_SYSCOLORCHANGE" is not implemented
kmemo.pas(1696,14) Warning: An inherited method is hidden by "ScrollBy(LongInt;LongInt;Boolean):Boolean;"
khexeditor.pas(675,78) Warning: Symbol "CM_SYSCOLORCHANGE" is not implemented
kmemortf.pas(4030,10) Error: Identifier not found "UTF8Copy"

How do I fix this ?

Thanks

2 Machines - x1 Win 10 x32, other win10 x64
Laz 1.8.4

Package downloaded from SourceForge

Thaddy

• Probably until I exterminate Putin.
Re: KControls not installing
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2018, 11:04:12 am »
Same answer as the other one... use OPM. I suppose you roam the net to find things. Better not. Both richview (which I just test installed) and kcontrols (which I will test now)  are in OPM.
Specialize a type, not a var.

wp

« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2018, 11:06:24 am »
It is my impression that the version on ccr is not maintained any more. Please try the version which is available via the Online Package Manager (OPM) - it compiles fine, I just tested it. Note that the OPM is not installed by default. If it does not show up in the Package menu go to "Package" > "Install/uninstall packages", select it in the right listbox, click "Install selection", then "Save and rebuild IDE". When the IDE restarts you must start OPM ("Package" > "Online Package Manager"), check "KControls", click "Install" and follow the instructions.

Thaddy

« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2018, 11:09:06 am »
Indeed, I justed tested with OPM and it installs fine. (except for two warnings about paths, but it installed fine)
« Last Edit: September 06, 2018, 11:13:29 am by Thaddy »

marcov

• Administrator
  • FPC developer.
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2018, 12:06:33 pm »
How do you find out the repo for a OPM package?

Thaddy

« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2018, 12:18:24 pm »
Usually OPM tries to give that information, although you are right it can be clearer.
I am just missing a date to go with the new subject. New tends to expire...
« Last Edit: September 06, 2018, 12:20:07 pm by Thaddy »

taazz

« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2018, 12:21:25 pm »
You don't OPM uses compressed files to share the packages if you are lucky it will have a link to the package's home page, depending on the package's author ofcourse.
Good judgement is the result of experience … Experience is the result of bad judgement.

Laz: Lazarus 1.4.4 FPC 2.6.4 i386-win32-win32/win64

dfspannie

« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2018, 12:25:59 pm »
Thank you everybody. Problem solved.

I went for broke & uninstalled Lazarus and deleted the directory where it was installed. Then re-installed it and used OPM to install the packages.

Thanks again.

balazsszekely

« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2018, 01:55:31 pm »
@Thaddy
I am just missing a date to go with the new subject. New tends to expire...
"New" means: there is a newer version of the package on the developers webpage(see column external), compared to the central repository(see column repository). If a json is provided by the package maintainer, OPM regularly checks the developers website( the interval can be configured in options) and reports a new version if available. I also try to update the central repository as often as possible to catch up with the developers.  In the case of KControls, there was a small mistake, namely the author forget to update the lpk files in his new release and OPM wrongly report that is a new version available, when in fact everything is up to date. I fixed this by manually edit the lpk files.
People often complains that a particular package does not install on a particular widgetset. OPM only displays the information provided by the package maintainers. There is no way that I can test each and every package on 5-6 or more widgetsets. The bulk of the work must be done by the developers, otherwise the whole system is not sustainable on the long run.

@marcov
Central repository: https://packages.lazarus-ide.org/
Developers page: See "Homepage" and "External link(JSON)" entry(Thaddys screenshot). Again this must be provided by the developer.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2018, 02:06:45 pm by GetMem »

dbannon

• tomboy-ng, a rewrite of the classic Tomboy
« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2018, 03:26:37 pm »
The author of KControls, Tomas Krysl, has not had formal releases for some time, advising users to grab the most recent 'trunk' version.

So if OPM depends on action by TK, I am afraid you'll get a pretty old version. Right now, it should be
Code: [Select]
https://bitbucket.org/tkweb/kcontrols/get/0dbad6b6449e.zip
and it builds cleanly (warnings but no error). There are however a couple of issues worth patching, especially if you are using KMemo, see http://wiki.freepascal.org/KControls/KmemoNotes#Bugs

TK has indicated he will be putting little or perhaps no time into KControls in the future.

And thats very sad, its a really great package.

Davo
Lazarus 3, Linux (and reluctantly Win10/11, OSX Monterey)
My Project - https://github.com/tomboy-notes/tomboy-ng and my github - https://github.com/davidbannon

TinyPortal © 2005-2018