Forum > Designer

Suggestion about desinger guide line spacer

(1/4) > >>

tr_escape:
Hello,

Is there any work around about Delphi component spacer like as in the attached figure?

Ofcourse sometimes this method can be not effective but it helps for tidy design.

Best regards

Lazarus 1.9.0 r58688 FPC 3.1.1 i386-win32-win32/win64

ASerge:

--- Quote from: tr_escape on September 11, 2018, 12:52:11 pm ---Is there any work around about Delphi component spacer like as in the attached figure?

--- End quote ---
And is it necessary? As seen in the picture text for Memo and Button at different heights.

tr_escape:
But designer holds automaticly when you try to move button component to the memo.

If you still move the button to memo component designer breaks your movement.

IMHO it will be helps for form design timing.

ASerge:

--- Quote from: tr_escape on September 11, 2018, 04:50:14 pm ---But designer holds automaticly when you try to move button component to the memo.

--- End quote ---
How is that better than the aligning by borders?

wp:
The only time when I am missing this feature is when horizontally aligning a label to an edit: The IDE easily alignes the edit to the top or bottom of the edit which means that the text of the edit and the caption of the label are at different heights.  But now I am working a lot with the Anchor Editor where I can vertically center the label with respect to the edit, and this looks fine.

A problem with the alignment line appears to me that they seem to be correct only for the current font. But when a cross-platform application runs under another widget set usually there are different fonts which have different ascenders and descenders making the form look bad. I have not seen this when the label is centered to the edit with the Anchor Editor.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version