Forum > Suggestions

Code Completion Speed

<< < (3/3)

valdir.marcos:

--- Quote from: JuhaManninen on September 14, 2018, 07:41:49 pm ---
--- Quote from: valdir.marcos on September 14, 2018, 06:01:53 pm ---and why contributing members are expelled are a puzzle (very confusing) for me.
--- End quote ---
Do you mean that some patches get ignored for a long time? Yes, it is annoying for a contributor. However the situation has improved. The goal is to accept or reject a patch in a reasonable time. The downside is that some patches have very low quality. They either break things or they fail to understand the code's design and mess it.
I have got feedback for applying poor and invalid patches. True, but it is impossible to study every patch as deeply as would be needed. It means a contributor has responsibility for the quality of his patch. He must study the code and ask from others when needed. Otherwise nobody wants to apply the patches and there will be again lots of them ignored.
--- End quote ---
I understand.

valdir.marcos:

--- Quote from: JuhaManninen on September 14, 2018, 07:41:49 pm ---The downside is that some patches have very low quality. They either break things or they fail to understand the code's design and mess it.
I have got feedback for applying poor and invalid patches. True, but it is impossible to study every patch as deeply as would be needed.
It means a contributor has responsibility for the quality of his patch. He must study the code and ask from others when needed. Otherwise nobody wants to apply the patches and there will be again lots of them ignored.
--- End quote ---
The same way I help improve quality on close source projects, I am trying to figure it out how I could help others here.

valdir.marcos:

--- Quote from: JuhaManninen on September 14, 2018, 07:41:49 pm ---Anyway, when somebody provides many high quality patches, he gets a high reputation and finally commit rights for SVN. That has happened to every current Lazarus developer at some point!
--- End quote ---
I understand.
Thanks for you time and explanation.

JuhaManninen:

--- Quote from: valdir.marcos on September 16, 2018, 03:56:58 pm ---I'd like to pick up simple small old tickets not assigned (or assigned but not solved) issues.
I am still learning how to list them globally or by category and by status to avoid duplicate efforts  on Mantis.

--- End quote ---
I usually set "Hide Status:" to "resolved" and then search by words and phrases. Few searches and you get an idea of issues around a certain topic. Then open those issues and see their related issues. All reports were read by developers and they are well linked to other reports.
You can also search by widgetset, "assigned to" developer etc. The search options are pretty good actually.
Most tasks are not trivial and require learning and debugging code but that's what programming is.

--- Quote ---Why MantisBT is not updated from version 1.2.12 to 2.17.0?

--- End quote ---
Good question. Its maintainers are not very active and do only what is necessary. I think a more recent version must be pushed at some point.
There are custom scripts for email feedback. It was not automatic in the old version but is improved in the new one.

--- Quote ---No, I was referring about a discussion I read on forum or mailing list about a young developer that got commit rights on SVN, but then his rights were revoke because of his not polite and strong attitudes on modernizing FPC without considering Delphi choices.

--- End quote ---
That was in FPC project. The same person still has commit rights for Lazarus project.
I don't have strong opinions about the issue and I don't know details.
A project fork can be a good option sometimes. That is the beauty of FOSS.

Pascal:

--- Quote from: alex256 on September 14, 2018, 07:46:48 am ---Go to Tools > Options, then go to Editor > Completion And Hints. Then you can tweak "delay for hints and completion box" option. Hope this will help.

--- End quote ---

Maybe this should be move to Codetools -> Identifier Completion. I also had difficulties to find it and even did not find it by myself.
I just remembered that there has been a thread about this in the last weeks!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version