Recent

Author Topic: Floating designer window...  (Read 3198 times)

Mark-

Floating designer window...
« on: September 18, 2018, 03:55:48 am »
Hello,

I looked at Lazarus a few years ago and now I am back and looking at a project. I installed the latest version (using Debian) and the designer window is docked and I cannot un-dock it.

I use multiple monitors and want the designer window on another monitor, code window on main monitor. Searching all program options and these forums, no joy.

Am I missing something?

Ciao,

Mark

Leledumbo

• Programming + Glam Metal + Tae Kwon Do = Me
Re: Floating designer window...
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2018, 04:10:44 am »
Hello,

I looked at Lazarus a few years ago and now I am back and looking at a project. I installed the latest version (using Debian) and the designer window is docked and I cannot un-dock it.

I use multiple monitors and want the designer window on another monitor, code window on main monitor. Searching all program options and these forums, no joy.

Am I missing something?

Ciao,

Mark
Package->Install/Uninstall Packages->filter for 'sparta' (unquoted, of course), uninstall that package.

Mark-

« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2018, 04:43:56 am »

Leledumbo you are a champ.

Thank you.

wp

« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2018, 10:50:25 am »
I installed the latest version (using Debian) and the designer window is docked and I cannot un-dock it.
How can this happen? Did you install CodeTyphon? Lazarus by default is undocked.

balazsszekely

« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2018, 11:01:01 am »
Most likely some old config files triggered the install of sparta.

Mark-

« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2018, 03:13:33 pm »
How can this happen? Did you install CodeTyphon? Lazarus by default is undocked.

Not that I know of. I must say getting it (FPC & Lazarus) installed, this time, was a huge hassle. I read and tried instructions on countless sites and it always failed. I tried the fc...something program and it failed with no solution provided. Downloading the .deb packages and trying to install failed. Finally, I found a site that had a script that worked. Ran the script and joy. The script might have had CodyTyphon in it. I never saw that name in all my attempts.

Thanks for the responses.

TinyPortal © 2005-2018