Recent

Author Topic: Read of the microphone input  (Read 4947 times)

oproescu

Read of the microphone input
« on: September 26, 2018, 01:04:04 pm »
Hello!
Please, how can be read the microphone input data in the computer for submission its to a txt data file? If possible, I need some examples of instructions. Many thanks!

hrayon

Re: Read of the microphone input
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2018, 03:06:10 pm »
If it were for delphi, I would suggest studying the components of Lake of Soft (www.lakeofsoft.com). Anyway, a few months ago the source code was released by the Apache license, and it's available via GitHub (https://github.com/lakeofsoft/vcp). They also stopped marketing the components. There's too much there. Impressive.

lucamar

« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2018, 03:20:26 pm »
See Multimedia Programming and Audio Libraries in the wiki, to start with. :)
Turbo Pascal 3 CP/M - Amstrad PCW 8256 (512 KB !!!) :P
Lazarus/FPC 2.0.8/3.0.4 & 2.0.12/3.2.0 - 32/64 bits on:
(K|L|X)Ubuntu 12..18, Windows XP, 7, 10 and various DOSes.

sash

« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2018, 06:52:33 pm »
read the microphone input data in the computer for submission its to a txt data file

Probably it could be called input data, but please, be more specific, what do you mean: audio recording or voice recognition?
Lazarus 2.0.10 FPC 3.2.0 x86_64-linux-gtk2 @ Ubuntu 20.04 XFCE

oproescu

« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2018, 03:48:08 pm »
Thank you all! I have worked with pcm, wav etc registered with voice recorder or similar then processed with my own applications. Including voice recognition or spectral modification. I have also generated signals of complex forms with applications in Lazarus and sent through the sound card and extra speaker plug, I know these techniques well, but now it's different.
It's about any signal coming through to the microphone jack, not necessarily voice, but analog signal from any device. This signal has to be deposited in a text file for archiving or can be electronically processed, spectral, filtered, etc. I am interested in taking the signal from the microphone plug in a series of sampled values at a user-imposed rate either to record them as a string of numerical values sampled or to analyze them online, with my own Lazarus applications under Windows 7 or 10.
Many thanks!

af0815

« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2018, 09:35:26 am »
For windows only, direct show can handle every input. And is very flexible with filters. Works for Xp, 7 and 10. But is totally MS. It use the filters and components installed on the PC.

In this forum you will findsome information about DS.
regards
Andreas

wp

« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2018, 10:25:42 am »
Maybe you can use something of my Oscilloscope (https://sourceforge.net/p/wp-laz/code/HEAD/tree/Oscilloscope/) which gets its input from the audio jacks. Hardware access occurs via BASS library which is cross-platform. The units, oDataCollector and oBASSDataCollector, are pretty much self-contained.

marcov

• Administrator
  • FPC developer.
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2018, 10:30:05 am »
If it were for delphi, I would suggest studying the components of Lake of Soft (www.lakeofsoft.com). Anyway, a few months ago the source code was released by the Apache license, and it's available via GitHub (https://github.com/lakeofsoft/vcp). They also stopped marketing the components. There's too much there. Impressive.

Thank you for reporting that. I used the components in an older job(in a webbrowser activex even), and they were great.

oproescu

« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2018, 01:45:58 pm »
wp, thanks, that's what I need. I will test the sources indicated.
af0815, thank you, but I want to develop my own application, I've used windows resources but I need more and more specialized.

TinyPortal © 2005-2018