Recent

Author Topic: [SOLVED] How to disable the debugger in Lazarus?  (Read 4415 times)

Hartmut

[SOLVED] How to disable the debugger in Lazarus?
« on: October 06, 2018, 10:11:19 am »
Sorry if my question may sound stupid, but how can I disable the Debugger in Lazarus? I mean that all programs are started without the debugger. I don't find this setting or don't get it to work...

howardpc wrote in another topic:
You disable the debugger via Tools->Options
In IDE Options dialog select Debugger in the treeview on the left, and set the first dropdown in the "Debugger type and path" section to "(none)".

But for me (on Linux) this does not work. I tried
   (none)
   none
   "(none)"
but in all 3 cases I get a) an error when clicking on OK and b) an error when starting the program (see screenshots).
I use Lazarus 1.8.4 on Ubuntu 18.04.

I need to disable the debugger, because when I enable Menu "Run / Run Parameters / Use launching application" then on program start I get a "debugger could not set breakpoint error" (as described in http://forum.lazarus.freepascal.org/index.php/topic,41868.msg298840.html#msg298840).

Thanks in advance.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2018, 11:23:06 am by Hartmut »

Cyrax

Re: How to disable the debugger in Lazarus?
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2018, 10:34:29 am »
You still have the GDB debugger selected. See the text in the combo box above the path combo box (the area where you can be edited). You need select (none) in there. Not to type it to text field.

Hartmut

Re: How to disable the debugger in Lazarus?
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2018, 11:22:45 am »
Oh, I'm blind. I did not see this. Thank you very much for that detailled description.

TinyPortal © 2005-2018