Author Topic: TScrollBox: scrollbars issue  (Read 356 times)

apeoperaio

TScrollBox: scrollbars issue
« on: October 10, 2018, 10:06:25 am »
I have an issue with TScrollBox.
Look at the source below. A Tscrollbox aligned alClient with a Tempo a TListbox and a TButton.

Code: Pascal  [Select]
  1. unit Unit1;
  3. {$mode objfpc}{$H+}
  5. interface
  7. uses
  8.   Classes, SysUtils, Forms, Controls, Graphics, Dialogs, StdCtrls;
  10. type
  12.   { TForm1 }
  14.   TForm1 = class(TForm)
  15.     Button1: TButton;
  16.     ListBox1: TListBox;
  17.     Memo1: TMemo;
  18.     ScrollBox1: TScrollBox;
  19.     procedure FormCreate(Sender: TObject);
  20.   private
  22.   public
  24.   end;
  26. var
  27.   Form1: TForm1;
  29. implementation
  31. {$R *.lfm}
  33. { TForm1 }
  35. procedure TForm1.FormCreate(Sender: TObject);
  36. begin
  37.   memo1.Align:= alTop;
  38.   memo1.Height:= 300;
  39.   ListBox1.Align:= alTop;
  40.   ListBox1.Height:= 300;
  41.   Button1.Align:= alClient;
  42. end;
  44. end.

When I run my app I can see the vertical scrollbar for few seconds, and I can use I to move on my TScrollBox, but after few seconds the scrollbar disappear and I cannot scroll anymore. In order to make the scrollbar appearing again I must resize the form.

wp

Re: TScrollBox: scrollbars issue
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2018, 10:19:36 am »
If I understand correctly there should not be a scrollbar at all because you client-align the button. Because of the top-aligned memo and listbox and the client-aligned button the scrollbox is completely filled. A scrollbar will appear only when the total extent of the controls within the scrollbox is larger than the clientrect of the scrollbox.

Make the button top-aligned and the scrollbar will be shown if the scrollbox height is less than the combined height of memo, listbox and button.

I don't understand why you see the scrollbar for a few seconds. Please post a complete compilable project.
Lazarus trunk / fpc 3.0.4 / all 32-bit on Win-10

apeoperaio

« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2018, 10:32:21 am »
The horizontal scrollbar is not shown, properly, the vertical scrollbar should be shown since I cannot see all my components in the scrollbox. See images.
I attached a sample project. Let me know if I missed something.

wp

« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2018, 10:43:23 am »
It's working correctly for me on Windows. But you seem to be on Mac... You should file a bug report then.
Lazarus trunk / fpc 3.0.4 / all 32-bit on Win-10

apeoperaio

« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2018, 10:51:15 am »
It's working correctly for me on Windows. But you seem to be on Mac... You should file a bug report then.

It works on windows for me too. I am using Cocoa, so I wrote on Cocoa forum :)

ChrisR

« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2018, 03:17:09 am »
What version of Lazarus are you using? I tested your project with SVN 59284. With this release, the vertical scroll bar looks fine, and it did not disappear on my MacOS 10.13 laptop. I do not that the horizontal scroll bar does seems a bit funny. It works with your stock application - appearing if you make the app very narrow so you need to scroll to see the TButton. However, if you set the Memo1.WordWrap := false and recompile, launch the program and type a long sting so a horizontal scroll bar would be required to pan to see the text. In this case I do not see the horizontal scrollbar.

apeoperaio

« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2018, 10:39:17 am »
I am using Lazarus 2.1.0 r59284 FPC 3.0.4 x86_64-darwin-cocoa (alpha).
The vertical scrollbar works perfectly on panels, buttons, labels etc. but seems that on control including a scrollbar by themselves (or scrollable components, like memo, listbox etc) the TScrollBox scrollbar does not appear.

Recent

Get Lazarus at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads Open Hub project report for Lazarus