Recent

Author Topic: Lazarus Release Candidate 2 for 2.0  (Read 72936 times)

guest58172

Re: Lazarus Release Canditate 2 for 2.0
« Reply #30 on: November 04, 2018, 11:06:48 am »
Are you already aware of this bug ?

- Have Sparta designer setup.
- clock to go to designer
- click to get back to code editor

At this point the caret is no visible anymore and you have to minimize maximize so that a show event get generated which has for effect to restore the caret.

Don't know, is it in the bug tracker?

I think that it wasn't
https://bugs.freepascal.org/view.php?id=34506

Martin_fr

• Administrator
  • Debugger - SynEdit - and more
    • wiki
« Reply #31 on: November 04, 2018, 01:04:09 pm »
Tests on MAC OS
How to test the RC2 version when "lazarus-2.0.0RC2-i686-macosx.dmg" does not exist in the Sourceforge ?
Fixed

Akira1364

« Reply #32 on: November 05, 2018, 12:56:02 am »
That just immediately shows the debugger checkmark icon (as it does with no debug info at all) for me if I build it with Dwarf3. With Dwarf2 it works properly and displays the string value.
"debugger checkmark icon" You mean "breakpoint with green checkmark"?

You mean it does not stop at the breakpoint? Then add some statement, where it can stop.

I did, in the first place. It doesn't crash GDB. It just exits the program immediately.

Martin_fr

• Administrator
    • wiki
« Reply #33 on: November 05, 2018, 10:11:07 am »
I did, in the first place. It doesn't crash GDB. It just exits the program immediately.
When gdb exits (without being instructed to do so) then what is that, but a crash?

melwinek

« Reply #34 on: November 06, 2018, 08:48:04 am »
Unfortunately, not everything works.
The keyboard search in DBLookupComboBox still does not work.

https://bugs.freepascal.org/view.php?id=34298

Please check it out, this is a very important function.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2018, 10:55:49 am by melwinek »

ASBzone

• Automation leads to relaxation...
    • Free Console Utilities for Windows (and a few for Linux) from BrainWaveCC
« Reply #35 on: November 06, 2018, 07:39:10 pm »
Overall, my experience has been good, with a few observations:

Download and install the 2.0 RC2.
- On Windows you can install as a 2ndary install, that will not affect
  your current install:
  http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/Multiple_Lazarus#Installation_of_multiple_Lazarus

#1 -- I did this successfully with RC2, but when I went to install the cross-compiler for x64, it did it over my primary installation without question.  I just went to one of my other boxes and updated that box to RC2 outright.

#2 -- The Build Mode options indicate that they can be stored in the "environmentoptions.xml" as well as the .lpi files, but after the upgrade on box #2, I did not see the ones from the IDE at all. I had to recreate them.   And they weren't in the actual environmentoptions.xml file either, even on the installation on box #1 (where they show up properly in the GUI).

Everything seems to compile just fine, despite a few errors messages pertaining to deprecated options.  I will review these in more detail and report on them shortly, if necessary.

Overall, very good work thus far.

-ASB: https://www.BrainWaveCC.com/

Lazarus v2.2.7-ada7a90186 / FPC v3.2.3-706-gaadb53e72c
(Windows 64-bit install w/Win32 and Linux/Arm cross-compiles via FpcUpDeluxe on both instances)

My Systems: Windows 10/11 Pro x64 (Current)

Martin_fr

• Administrator
    • wiki
« Reply #36 on: November 06, 2018, 07:51:50 pm »
Download and install the 2.0 RC2.
- On Windows you can install as a 2ndary install, that will not affect
  your current install:
  http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/Multiple_Lazarus#Installation_of_multiple_Lazarus

#1 -- I did this successfully with RC2, but when I went to install the cross-compiler for x64, it did it over my primary installation without question.  I just went to one of my other boxes and updated that box to RC2 outright.

#2 -- The Build Mode options indicate that they can be stored in the "environmentoptions.xml" as well as the .lpi files, but after the upgrade on box #2, I did not see the ones from the IDE at all. I had to recreate them.   And they weren't in the actual environmentoptions.xml file either, even on the installation on box #1 (where they show up properly in the GUI).

1) The cross compile installers, now (from RC3 onwards) will allow choosing the directory to install to.

2) A 2ndary install will not see the modes from the primary install, and vice versa. But if you had them on the 2nd box (where I believe you updated the primary install), then they should work. Search for BuildMatrix in the file / make sure they exist before the upgrade)

ASBzone

« Reply #37 on: November 06, 2018, 10:56:53 pm »
Thanks for the reply, Martin

1) The cross compile installers, now (from RC3 onwards) will allow choosing the directory to install to.

Awesome!

2) A 2ndary install will not see the modes from the primary install, and vice versa. But if you had them on the 2nd box (where I believe you updated the primary install), then they should work. Search for BuildMatrix in the file / make sure they exist before the upgrade)

Understood.  This observation was from the second box.  I will review the BuildMatrix.

The IDE suggests that these items are stored in environmentoptions.xml, but even on the system where they are to be found, it is not stored in that file. 

Thanks

(Windows 64-bit install w/Win32 and Linux/Arm cross-compiles via FpcUpDeluxe on both instances)

Martin_fr

• Administrator
    • wiki
« Reply #38 on: November 06, 2018, 11:15:04 pm »
Well I have found them in that file.
Make sure you look in the right place. In the IDE go to the menu "View" > "Ide Internals" > "About IDE"
Search for the "primary config path". In that folder look at the environmentoptions.xml

ASBzone

« Reply #39 on: November 07, 2018, 09:55:39 pm »
Well I have found them in that file.
Make sure you look in the right place. In the IDE go to the menu "View" > "Ide Internals" > "About IDE"
Search for the "primary config path". In that folder look at the environmentoptions.xml

Sneaky, sneaky, sneaky!

Excellent.   The primary config was not where I expected at all.   That makes things MUCH easier.

Thanks again, Martin

guest58172

Re: Lazarus Release Candidate 2 for 2.0
« Reply #40 on: November 08, 2018, 08:31:11 am »
PLease Martin consider taking this patch https://bugs.freepascal.org/view.php?id=34527, for 2.0 or next RC if any.

Martin_fr

• Administrator
    • wiki
« Reply #41 on: November 08, 2018, 11:35:58 am »
PLease Martin consider taking this patch https://bugs.freepascal.org/view.php?id=34527, for 2.0 or next RC if any.
Applied a different fix, but the patch pointed to the origin of the issue. (see commit msg)

Merge will be pending for a short while, to see if any side effects are reported (unlikely)

--
Edit: there was a reason for the "and IsVisible". Without it under windows the caret did not work, if "caret visible in unfocused editor" (aka persistent caret) was enabled, and more that one source-editor existed.
This problem on longer exists, because the unfocused carets now a painted in a different way (at least in the IDE, not sure if user apps could still be affected, depending on settings)
« Last Edit: November 08, 2018, 11:52:17 am by Martin_fr »

Soner

« Reply #42 on: November 10, 2018, 02:31:42 pm »
Can someone test this example with upcoming lazarus version?

TDBLookupComboBox got a bug in lazarus 1.8.5/4 version, version 1.6.4 was okay and now svn-version is also okay.

Example project has information about bug, download it test it.

Edit:
It is sqlite3 database but this unimportant for the bug.

« Last Edit: November 10, 2018, 02:35:28 pm by Soner »

jc99

• My private Site
« Reply #43 on: November 10, 2018, 03:42:49 pm »
First I want to thank the team for the next release-candidate.
I'm really looking forward to this next release.
But (yes there is always a "but") there are some small problems for me:

1st.
I work in a RDP-environment, and under remote desktop Lazarus is getting VERY slow, in the form-designer when having a complex form (with frames ..) even more with anchor-docking & sparta.
When I click on an element then there is lot of flickering, shifting of elements until sometimes nothing happens. It seems there are lot of (IMHO unnecessary) redraws and position-recalculation when clicking on an element of a fully layouted form.
Closing the RDP-Session and working directly everything is much faster. 

2nd: I tried the pas2js,
I created a new project (for browser).
then I saved the project under a new path.
But when compiling there is a message: "(path)\pas2js.exe not found" in the path of the .lpr file. And no I didn't change any path in the environment it's still: $MakeExe(IDE,pas2js)

3rd:
I opend an example,
and saved the project under a new path e.G: (..)\laz-Proj\examples\FPC
then I changed the Unit-Output path to ..\..\$(TargetCPU)-$(TargetOS)\units and the executable path to: ..\..\$(TargetCPU)-$(TargetOS)\$Nameonly($project(Infofile))
when trying to compile the message asks whether to create (..)\bin\... instead of (..)\laz-Proj\bin\...

Could someone confirm the issues, then I make a bug-report in mantis ..
Thanks in advance.   
OS: Win XP x64, Win 7, Win 7 x64, Win 10, Win 10 x64, Suse Linux 13.2
Laz: 1.4 - 1.8.4, 2.0
https://github.com/joecare99/public
'~|    /''
,_|oe \_,are
If you want to do something for the environment: Twitter: #reduceCO2 or
https://www.betterplace.me/klimawandel-stoppen-co-ueber-preis-reduzieren

Martin_fr

• Administrator
    • wiki
« Reply #44 on: November 10, 2018, 04:17:09 pm »
About the speed of the designer painting, have you tried in the options to set "reduced designer painting"?

TinyPortal © 2005-2018