Recent

Author Topic: New with Androird ( i work with lazarus several years)  (Read 3048 times)

cpalx

New with Androird ( i work with lazarus several years)
« on: November 04, 2018, 05:51:39 am »
hello,

i want to start programming Lazarus for Android. I program with lazarus several years in windows/ Linux enviroment

i read something but i am confuse:

1. What's difetent between Laz4Android and LAMW?. Do i need laz4android ?
2. Is there any updated place where to read how to prepare all before programming? ( Virtual android, ....)
3. Any important links where i can read to learn

Handoko

• My goal: build my own game engine using Lazarus
Re: New with Androird ( i work with lazarus several years)
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2018, 03:45:37 pm »
I could be wrong but these are what I know:

In Android programming, you cannot use the common visual components (TButton, TEdit, etc). You have to choose LAMW or Custom Drawn Interface or to use other options, read more here:
http://forum.lazarus.freepascal.org/index.php/topic,38777.msg264428.html#msg264428

You can use LAMW without installing Laz4Android, but using Laz4Android is easier. Because Laz4Android already prepared the cross compiler and installed Custom Drawn Interface for you. But you can combine Laz4Android + LAMW if you want.

Custom Drawn Interface has some issue with Android 7 and above, as far as I know the issue hasn't fixed yet.

Last time I use Laz4Android, it can't run on Linux.

If you choose not to use Laz4Android, the manually preparation is complicated. You have to download the Android SDK, NDK and several tools, prepare the cross compiler and configure them properly. For Linux users, I wrote a tutorial here:
http://forum.lazarus.freepascal.org/index.php/topic,42527.0.html

Have fun!
« Last Edit: November 04, 2018, 04:18:48 pm by Handoko »

cpalx

Re: New with Androird ( i work with lazarus several years)
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2018, 02:12:26 am »
Thanks, i installed it in Linux Neón. It is so Good.

TinyPortal © 2005-2018