Recent

Author Topic: Dark Theme Mojave - StringGrid background color not matching ListBox  (Read 2759 times)

Hansaplast

• Tweaking4All.com
    • Tweaking4All
I have a TListBox and TStringGrid on a clean form and didn't change any of the default setting.
When running the application in normal (light) mode, they both have the same background color: White (verified it with "Digital color meter", an app found in Applications -> Utilities on your Mac[/size][size=78%]).[/size]

When switching to Dark mode/theme however, they have different colors (see screenshot in which I have 2 listboxes on the left, and 2 stringgrids on the right).
Initially I thought; well, maybe one is and the other one isn't a nativer control, and StringGrid is stuck with the background color matching the fixed system colors.
However, since Apple changed the way colors seem to work (whatever is behind the Form seems to have an influence), I figured; let's test this and see what happens.
I'd expect the StringGrid to not change color, unlike the Listbox whose background does change. (again checked with Digital color Meter)
This is however not the case, the StringGrid does change as well, just a lot less obvious compared to the ListBox.

So ... is this a bug? Or expected behavior?

Screenshots: one with the regular Mojave wallpaper, one with a white item behind the form (Lazarus Source Editor).

Hansaplast

• Tweaking4All.com
    • Tweaking4All
Re: Dark Theme Mojave - StringGrid background color not matching ListBox
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2018, 05:30:51 pm »
I now see that the color differences can be very hard to see in a browser ... you may have to download the PNGs to see the effect.

TinyPortal © 2005-2018