Recent

Author Topic: Can't find any lazarus release containing a fixed issue  (Read 2281 times)

bigDan

• BigDanzBlog
Can't find any lazarus release containing a fixed issue
« on: November 09, 2018, 01:04:40 am »
Migrating a lazarus application from windows to mac. Mac is running Mojave with Lazarus 1.8.4. TStringgrid scrollbars are missing.

This problem was reported in bugtracker as issue 32932 and fixed in revision 56961.

The fix date was on 2018-01-04. I would think this would have made it into 1.8.4 which was released in Oct 2018.

I've went thru all list of fixes for all releases done since Jan 2018 and cannot find the release where it was merged.

Thanks,

bigDan

Martin_fr

• Administrator
  • Debugger - SynEdit - and more
    • wiki
Re: Can't find any lazarus release containing a fixed issue
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2018, 01:26:06 am »
According to the merge list http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/Lazarus_1.8_fixes_branch it was not merged to the 1.8.x branch.

1.8 was branched in 2017, so all later changes are only included, if they are on this list.
I do not know if it was missed by oversight, or if the fix was not merged for other reasons.

It should be in the upcoming 2.0. You can try the 2.0RC2 which is available for download.

bigDan

• BigDanzBlog
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2018, 01:34:24 am »
OK, thanks. Neither 2.0RC1 or RC2 works for me at all on Mojave (not much time to go down that trail) but I've got an El Capitan system I could try.

bigDan

• BigDanzBlog
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2018, 02:46:45 am »
Installed 2.0RC2 onto El Capitan. No scroll bars in my application.

I followed the steps for recreating the problem in the issue description and it fails there as well. Looks like correction hasn't made it into 2.0RC2 either.

Is there something I need to do to make sure it is in the next release. My app uses several TStringGrids.

Thanks,

bigDan

Martin_fr

• Administrator
  • Debugger - SynEdit - and more
    • wiki
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2018, 03:22:09 am »
2.0 was branched afterwards (at rev 59008), so the fix is in there.

If it doesn't work then maybe it broke again. Or was only partly fixed. I cant test it myself.

bigDan

• BigDanzBlog
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2018, 06:16:49 am »
OK, let me play with it more. This is my first foray into Macintosh so I may be missing something.

How can a get a diff of the changes for revision 56961. I'd like to see what changes were made.

Thanks,

bigdan

bigDan

• BigDanzBlog
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2018, 07:23:42 am »
Got it. Scroll bars for Mac/Cocoa do appear in 2.0RCL2.

TinyPortal © 2005-2018