Author Topic: Firtes4Lazarus - Creating a Report in Code  (Read 261 times)

phil_v

Firtes4Lazarus - Creating a Report in Code
« on: November 09, 2018, 06:05:26 am »
Hi, I'm using

OS W10  64Bit
Lazarus V 1.8.4
FPC V3.0.4
SVN 57972
x86_64-win64-win32/win64

Fortes4Lazarus

I've been using Fortes Report, with excellent results. I'm now trying to create a report in code.
Initially, I just want to create a Report with a HeaderBand, containing a label.
The code attached displays the report with report borders showing, but does not show the Page Header band containing the label. I am obviously missing something important about creating bands in the report.
Thks in advance

GetMem

Re: Firtes4Lazarus - Creating a Report in Code
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2018, 06:41:36 am »
You forgot to add the parent control for both the band and the label(Parent := MyReport, Parent := B_PageHead respectively). Other then this your code will leak, you should free the report somewhere. Another question: why don't you use the report designer? Creating each and every control dinamically it's a very difficult task, especially on a complex report.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2018, 06:55:35 am by GetMem »

phil_v

Re: Firtes4Lazarus - Creating a Report in Code
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2018, 07:43:43 am »
Thankyou GetMem,
Yes, I agree, creating reports in code is not optimal.
I use the designer for all of my "standard" reports in the application, but I have a need to create a report for 6 queries that have differing numbers of columns. So, I thought I would try the code method for these and dynamically add columns to the report according to the columns contained in the queries.
I may revert to creating them with the designer, if it's too difficult.

Recent

Get Lazarus at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads Open Hub project report for Lazarus