Recent

Author Topic: [SOLVED] ListBox ItemIndex does not deselect previous selection  (Read 7673 times)

Hansaplast

• Tweaking4All.com
    • Tweaking4All
Re: ListBox ItemIndex does not deselect previous selection
« Reply #15 on: December 06, 2018, 03:24:18 pm »
The bug (in trunk) has been resolved - woohoo - thanks to the folks involved.  :)

For my own applications I do use Cocoa (SVN trunk) for releasing, and have to say that it's pretty stable. You just have to keep in mind that a few minor things may or may not change while it's still in development.
Here is one of my applications in case you'd like to take a peek and test stability. I suppose there will always be minor differences between widget-sets, so I did have to make a few exceptions in code to catch those (if you develop multi platform).

I moved away from Carbon because I did get too many complaints about the 32-bit warning and I wanted to sign the application. On top of that: developing with Cocoa from trunk will help identify issues which then hopefully will get resolved. For example, I ran into a TrayIcon issue (this post), and hope someone can resolve it or assist in resolving it.

VTwin

• Former Turbo Pascal 3 user
« Reply #16 on: December 06, 2018, 05:03:02 pm »
Excellent!  :D

Thanks for your input. Yes, cocoa fixes are still showing up rapidly in svn trunk. That is probably a good enough reason to use it for a release, and say sayonara to carbon. I'll stick with the latest stable release for Win 64 and Lin 64, which I run on VirtualBox.

Very nice website. I just added a PayPal donate button to my site. I see you have some interesting alternatives, do you have any pros or cons to report? I'll pm you a link to my site.
“Talk is cheap. Show me the code.” -Linus Torvalds

Free Pascal Compiler 3.2.2
macOS 12.1: Lazarus 2.2.6 (64 bit Cocoa M1)
Ubuntu 18.04.3: Lazarus 2.2.6 (64 bit on VBox)
Windows 7 Pro SP1: Lazarus 2.2.6 (64 bit on VBox)

VTwin

« Reply #17 on: December 06, 2018, 05:11:15 pm »
Getting off topic, but I'm curious about your experience with code signing. I've been told I should do it. At the moment I'm providing sha256 sums in case anyone wants to verify the download is not tampered with.

Hansaplast

• Tweaking4All.com
    • Tweaking4All
« Reply #18 on: December 06, 2018, 06:29:59 pm »
I did reply to your PM, so we don't go too far off topic.  :D

As for signing;

MacOS: I have got this kinda under control now, even though it's not always "easy".
I tried using sandboxing, but I keep running into issues, so I sign my applications without sandboxing (for now anyway - since the sandboxing idea may not be all that bad after-all).
These days, as a developer that is not using the Apple App Store, you can get a cert for free. You have to register as a developer though, but as I understand you do not need to pay (my payed one just expired and I'm not renewing this until I put something in the app store).
So I sign to have the users not see the message about unsigned applications, and have firewalls like Little Snitch not block network traffic because of that.

I'll PM you with the details on how I sign my apps.

Windows: I'm not signing anything here yet - getting a cert is just too expensive. But ... since Microsoft mimics Apple ideas, this will be unavoidable in the future.

VTwin

« Reply #19 on: December 07, 2018, 01:28:48 am »
Wow, thanks. I'm pretty old school, just trying help out my colleagues with scientific software. I'm glad I don't have to make a living coding. Good to know I might get an Apple cert for free, I thought it was $100 per year.

Apple has becoming increasingly hostile to small developers. My users are about 20% Mac, 20% Linux, 60% Windows. I suppose I'll wade through the muck for a while, see what I can do to comply.

Perhaps Lazarus devs will come up with some tools for certification. I used to use REALbasic (now Xojo) which apparently has some tools for that, but otherwise I could never recommend.

Cheers,
VTwin

Hansaplast

• Tweaking4All.com
    • Tweaking4All
« Reply #20 on: December 07, 2018, 04:29:48 pm »
I guess I'm old school as well haha ... and equally glad I do not have to code for a living. Even though I used to be managing quite a few large development projects (Delphi based).

Couldn't agree more; Apple appears to become more and more hostile towards small developers. But ... Microsoft is going the same route, just with a higher price tag (for signing apps).

I actually did an attempt to create a tool to "finish" my projects (plist, sandbox, signing, make DMG) but it's not even remotely close to finished. I recall CCRDude making something like this as well (this post).

TinyPortal © 2005-2018