Recent

Author Topic: How to open .lfm archive files in Lazarus  (Read 2270 times)

Corleone91

How to open .lfm archive files in Lazarus
« on: December 07, 2018, 08:45:05 pm »
I have an old game  on my pc, Gangland made in 2004, and i want to make some changes in game mechanics for myself.
The game is contains from files with .lfm format.
When im trying to open the .lfm files via Lazarus it warns me that this file is not in the text format and after clicking yes by me, the programm shows to me unknown hieroglyphs instead of letters.
PLEASE HELP ME TO FIGURE OUT HOW TO OPEN THIS FILES PROPERLY ON LAZARUS.

Because of restrictions of maximum size at 250kb, i couldn't upload the exactly file what i need to open.

But here is the else one of attachments from game files as example.

« Last Edit: December 07, 2018, 09:09:13 pm by Corleone91 »

wp

Re: How to open .lfm archive files in Lazarus
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2018, 09:57:30 pm »
In spite of the same extension as Lazarus .lfm files, this is no Lazarus file at all. Searching for "Gangland .lfm" leads me to  https://www.gamedev.net/forums/topic/538360-looking-to-mod-gangland/ which in turn references a tool named "Game Extractor". Maybe you can proceed from there.

Corleone91

« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2018, 10:02:33 pm »
I already tried to use this programm but it not shows the main text contained .lfm files.

The game should be created in Delphi i think.

Ñuño_Martínez

• Burdjia
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2018, 12:41:46 pm »
I doubt you can use Lazarus the way you think.  I'm 100% sure the use of "lfm" extension is just a coincidence.  I really doubt that a commercial game releases source files along with it.  Also, even if they did and used Delphi as you say (that I also doubt) they wouldn't use "lfm" but "dfm".

Conclusion:  You can't.  Believe me (read my signature if you don't).

If you want to mod the game, search for "how to mod game gangland", but there's not much information so I think there's no an official way or it isn't too popular.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2018, 12:49:18 pm by Ñuño_Martínez »
Are you interested in game programming? Join the Pascal Game Development community!
Also visit the Game Development Portal

wp

« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2018, 02:03:52 pm »
Following the Game Extractor link in the prior post leads me to the Java source code of this tool (https://sourceforge.net/projects/gameextractor/files/Game%20Extractor%203.0x/3.08/source_308.zip/download). Since they claim to be able to read the game's lfm files you can study this source code to learn the file structure. An adventurous task, though...

TinyPortal © 2005-2018