Recent

Author Topic: Bootstrapping FPC for MSYS2  (Read 5203 times)

Laphicet

Bootstrapping FPC for MSYS2
« on: December 06, 2018, 05:48:00 am »
So, I've been trying to get FPC bootstrapped for MinGW-w64 under MSYS2 for a little while now. My approach to this was to download the i386-win32 installer and use InnoExtract to extract the files from it to use as the bootstrap compiler. It seems to work up until this occurs:

Code: Pascal  [Select][+][-]
  1. system.pp(684) Error: Can't create archive file: \c\Users\admin\Documents\GitHub\MINGW-packages\mingw-w64-fpc\src\fpcbuild-3.0.4\fpcsrc\rtl\units\i386-win32\libimpsystem.a

My guess is that Make is choking on the backslashes. It was using forward slashes up until this point. The problem is I don't know how to fix the backslashes. I checked the Makefiles, regenerated the Makefiles, not sure about FPMake as I want to bootstrap both 32 and 64 bit with MinGW-w64 binutils as the backend.

Akira1364

Re: Bootstrapping FPC for MSYS2
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2018, 05:58:48 am »
Which Make are you using?

Laphicet

Re: Bootstrapping FPC for MSYS2
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2018, 10:53:24 am »
Well, I did some tinkering around. Using the Make provided by FPC builds the compiler. Problem is that it seems to install every utility the installer build came with, making me assume it will rely on those, as well as putting the in a <cpu>-<target> subdirectory of bin/ with everything else in toplevel rather than lib/ or share/doc

I'm looking to simply bootstrap the compiler with MinGW-w64 binutils backend with just the RTL, or minimal needed RTL. After that, I want to build the actual 32 and 64 bit compiler packages in full.

TinyPortal © 2005-2018