Recent

Author Topic: Why... 2 available downloads and they act differently  (Read 2254 times)

WimVan

Why... 2 available downloads and they act differently
« on: December 14, 2018, 09:20:46 am »
Sorry if this likes aggressive, but I arrived at the limit ...
There are three different downloads available for Lazarus.
Windows (32 and 64 Bits)
Windows (64 Bits)

I use Mariadb 10.0.1 and have a libmysql.dll for that DB.
1) I installed Windows (32 and 64 Bits)
All runs well, except if I want to connect to the database I receive an error that libmysql.dll can be loaded.  I tried serveral libmysql.dll and DBconnection-components ....  Nothing is running.

Desinstalled all...
2) Installation of Windows (64 bits)
installed libmysql.dll from mariadb
All runs well and if I want to connect to the database all is running well.  I can get data, show data, update data, delete data in the database.  Here I uses TMySQL57Connection and I can activate it ...

Can someone explain this please ?  For as far I read in posts on this forum it doesn't matter if the dll is a 32bit or 64bit.
If it matters, can at last someone tell me where to get a libmysql.dll for mariadb version 3.01 in 32bits and in 64bits.

Why ?
I got a strange behaviour while developing an application on which nobody seems to have an answer.  So I would like to test this in the 32/64bits version.
This problem I already set on the forum: http://forum.lazarus.freepascal.org/index.php/topic,43527.0.html
« Last Edit: December 14, 2018, 10:26:04 am by WimVan »

HeavyUser

Re: Why... 2 available downloads and they act differently
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2018, 09:34:58 am »
Can someone explain this please ?  For as far I read in posts on this forum it doesn't matter if the dll is a 32bit or 64bit.
If it matters, can at last someone tell me where to get a libmysql.dll for mariadb version 3.01 in 32bits and in 64bits.
Where? where did you read that the bitness of the dll does not matter? To answer your question the bitness of the application must much the libmysq.dll bitness. The 32/64bit lazarus is a 32bit application with the ability to cross compile to 64bit the 64bit lazarus a is straight 64bit application to be able to connect from lazarus to mariadb/mysql you need to much the lazarus bitness to the library bitness and to connect from your application at runtime you need to much your application's bitness with the library bitness most of the time this means that both 32 and 64 bit dlls will be used in a development environment especially if you install the 32bit lazarus which is the better choice in this case.

WimVan

« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2018, 10:24:28 am »
Ok, thanks
So, the Dll i have is a 64bits version and that's why it works with Lazarus 64btis.
Try to find a 32bits LibMysql.Dll so I can test if my application can be compiled and run as a 32bits.
In 64bits I can compile, but I can't run, better get focus on the app.

HeavyUser

« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2018, 10:30:05 am »
Ok, thanks
So, the Dll i have is a 64bits version and that's why it works with Lazarus 64btis.
Try to find a 32bits LibMysql.Dll so I can test if my application can be compiled and run as a 32bits.
In 64bits I can compile, but I can't run, better get focus on the app.
last time I checked mysql had a 32bit C connector that you could install that came with the 32bit library. You have to check the available connector for mariadb your self though never used and if can help it I'll never use mysql as well.

WimVan

« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2018, 11:51:40 am »
Got 32bits version of libmysql.dll...  Installed. works now

TinyPortal © 2005-2018