Recent

Author Topic: Python for Lazarus Error 193: Could not open Dll "python37"  (Read 2740 times)

mcinquino

Python for Lazarus Error 193: Could not open Dll "python37"
« on: December 14, 2018, 04:43:24 pm »
Hello,

I am struggling to get past this problem. Error 193: Could not open Dll "python37"

I have a system running on my desktop with Python for Lazarus installed and working fine. I have attempted to recreate the application from scratch on a similar system and I keep getting the above error. Both systems are Windows 10 Pro 64bit. Both have the same versions of Lazarus 1.8.4 on them. And both have had the latest Python for Lazarus packages installed. My app simply has the PythonEngine1 and is linked to a PythonGUIInputOutput1 that is linked to a memo2. Very similar to the example provided. I am thinking this is a Windows issue not a Lazarus issue.

My python install is 3.7.0. I can run python from cmd prompt so it is in the path. I have both the 32 bit and 64 bit installed. I have tried just 32 bit and just 64 bit versions of python with no change. My working system has both installed.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Mike

marcov

• Administrator
  • FPC developer.
Re: Python for Lazarus Error 193: Could not open Dll "python37"
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2018, 04:47:11 pm »
Try to put a python37.dll in your application directory.

Make sure it matches your application type wrt  32/64-bit.

mcinquino

« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2018, 07:18:48 pm »
Hello,

I did place a copy of the python37.dll in my application directory. (By "application directory" we are talking about my program application not the lazarus ide program directory) Although I have placed a copy in both with no luck. 

Can you elaborate on the having it match my application type? Where do I determine what my application type is?

Thanks,
Mike

mcinquino

« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2018, 09:18:01 pm »
I found I had the 32 bit version of lazarus installed (somehow?) That was the problem. Thank you marcov!!!!

TinyPortal © 2005-2018