Recent

Author Topic: Arch/Manjaro default event double click not working [SOLVED Sparta was issue]  (Read 3038 times)

snorkel

Hi,
I just installed Laz 1.8.4 on Manjaro (arch based) with KDE Plasma.
installed with the GTK2 IDE widgets and works fine except I can't double click on any controls to create/go to the even.
For example if I drop a button and double click on it, it does nothing, no error just nothing.
I do have the IDE using the docked interface, I will try it without the anchor docking package installed and see if it's related to that.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2018, 10:38:33 pm by snorkel »
***Snorkel***
If I forget, I always use the latest stable 32bit version of Lazarus and FPC. At the time of this signature that is Laz 3.0RC2 and FPC 3.2.2

snorkel

Re: Arch/Manjaro default event double click not working
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2018, 04:34:39 pm »
Ok, tried it undocked and still does not work, however, if I start it from the command line with just lazarus it fires up the package manager installed version (none of my components are installed) and guess what the double click works.
If I start from the command line with startlazarus it starts my custom compiled version and the double click then does not work anymore.
The executable in /usr/lib/lazarus is owned by root with full permissions and the one stored in my home directory is owned by my user account.
That's the only difference I can visible see.

Any ideas? 
« Last Edit: December 19, 2018, 05:05:47 pm by snorkel »
***Snorkel***
If I forget, I always use the latest stable 32bit version of Lazarus and FPC. At the time of this signature that is Laz 3.0RC2 and FPC 3.2.2

snorkel

« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2018, 05:12:27 pm »
Well, I copied by custom compiled lazarus executable from my home dir to the one in /usr/lib/lazarus and make perms and owner the same and my custom compiled one still has no double click.  So it's not related to the owner or permissions.
***Snorkel***

lucamar

« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2018, 05:43:27 pm »
Sounds as if one of the packages you installed sets up an intercept for the double click. You can always right-click and select "create default event" (or something like that).

As for calling "lazarus" vs. "startlazarus" that's normal: the folder for the custom lazarus isn't in the path so the shell doesn't even look there; startlazarus, thoug, knows where it is and will try it first.
Turbo Pascal 3 CP/M - Amstrad PCW 8256 (512 KB !!!) :P
Lazarus/FPC 2.0.8/3.0.4 & 2.0.12/3.2.0 - 32/64 bits on:
(K|L|X)Ubuntu 12..18, Windows XP, 7, 10 and various DOSes.

snorkel

« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2018, 07:12:29 pm »
Yes, the right click works.
I don't think it's a package that is intercepting the double click as the package manger installed version of the lazarus elf executable binary worked fine with the double click.  It's just my rebuilt IDE that does not work with the double click.
I have to rebuild the IDE to install the components I use so there is no way to just use the package manager installed binary.
***Snorkel***

Blaazen

• POKE 54296,15
    • Eye-Candy Controls
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2018, 07:16:26 pm »
You can try Qt version of Lazarus since you use Plasma (KDE). You will need libQt4pas, maybe Manjaro has it in repos.
Lazarus 2.3.0 (rev main-2_3-2863...) FPC 3.3.1 x86_64-linux-qt Chakra, Qt 4.8.7/5.13.2, Plasma 5.17.3
Lazarus 1.8.2 r57369 FPC 3.0.4 i386-win32-win32/win64 Wine 3.21

Try Eye-Candy Controls: https://sourceforge.net/projects/eccontrols/files/

lucamar

« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2018, 07:21:05 pm »
I don't think it's a package that is intercepting the double click as the package manger installed version of the lazarus elf executable binary worked fine with the double click.  It's just my rebuilt IDE that does not work with the double click.
I have to rebuild the IDE to install the components I use so there is no way to just use the package manager installed binary.

That's what I meant: one of those extra Lazarus packages/components you installed may be doing something with the double-click; some special component editor or something.

You can check by reverting to the default Lazarus (delete the folder ~/.Lazarus/bin/) and then installing the extra packages one by one, testing between packages.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2018, 07:22:38 pm by lucamar »
Turbo Pascal 3 CP/M - Amstrad PCW 8256 (512 KB !!!) :P
Lazarus/FPC 2.0.8/3.0.4 & 2.0.12/3.2.0 - 32/64 bits on:
(K|L|X)Ubuntu 12..18, Windows XP, 7, 10 and various DOSes.

snorkel

« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2018, 08:53:49 pm »
Hi,
I did initially try the QT widget set but that had other issues. (manjaro does have everything for it)
It's not a IDE component that is stealing the focus, the only stuff I have installed is non visual stuff like Indy and database components like zeos.
Unless it's the sparta docked form editor...  I can remove that and see if it makes any difference. 

***Snorkel***

snorkel

« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2018, 08:57:03 pm »
well, it's the sparta docked form editor that is causing the issue.
I removed that and voila the double click started working again....
***Snorkel***

TinyPortal © 2005-2018