Forum > General

Bug Report: a) IDE resizes a form window / b) Clean all makes a mess

(1/1)

att2:
Hello,
My environment so far:  Linux mint 19 Tara, running in a VM; there, a Lazarus 1.8.4 and Freepascal 3.2.0 is installed; also installed: some modules by help of OnlinePackageManager. The virtual monitor is in 1440x900 mode.

Bug a): One of our windows is exceeding 900 pixels in height i.e. its form has a height of 1023 pixels (x 600 pixels length- suitable for 90° turned monitor apps on a Raspi3).
The IDE automagically resizes the height of the form from 1023 to something like 816 pixels so it just fits the screen. We found no way to turn off that unwanted behaviour, and no, we have NOT defined any constraints in that form, for that form, by using the object inspector.
We found no way of turning off that unwanted resizing-behaviour. Finally we gave in, turned the monitor of the PC by 90°, now we have a slightly awkward screen resolution, but it works and it compiles as it should.

Bug b): In the IDE, when we select "rebuild Lazarus", -> "clean all" it frequently, but not always, cleans too much. It cleans all our source code, it cleans installed modules. These modules are being displayed as "installed" in the package manager, but when compiling, the message window says "...cannot compile source code because package is not installed". This drives us mad, since the package is perfectly listed in the package manager.

Could it also be that the whole Lazarus IDE does not like directories which contains space characters inside? I.e. when I call a directory "my first project" perhaps it does not like the spaces? Just a vague asssumption, sorry for that.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version