Recent

Author Topic: Graphic32 installation issues on Linux  (Read 3068 times)

guest63552

Graphic32 installation issues on Linux
« on: January 14, 2019, 12:35:50 pm »
Anybody use Graphic32 on 64-bit Linux?
https://github.com/graphics32/graphics32

I have using Lazarus 2.1 from SVN (GTK 2) and FPC 3.0.4 latest Ubuntu 18.10 64-bit.

However, when try to install the package, many errors are reported by compiler. The first is problem with ASM instruction for 64-bit target and I was unable to install it.

Then I have forced PUREPASCAL directive however after some further code tweaks it install it fine, however after dropping any GR32 component on panel it simply show empty form , probably with hidden generic error.

Is the GR32 even multi-platform anymore? Or is it even abandoned? I do not see much activity on git.

wp

Re: Graphic32 installation issues on Linux
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2019, 12:59:55 pm »
I can confirm the compilation issue on Linux. When I download the package separately and install it in the normal way (via "Package" > "Load package file") the compiler tells me what is wrong: The person who ported Graphics32 to Linux used some unknown color constants! Replace clButton by clBtnFace etc, and the package will compile fine. Obviously nobody ever has tested the package under Linux.

The problem with this package is that it is not a Lazarus package initially, it is one of the packages that PilotLogic introduced in CodeTyphon. So, the official way would be to report the issue to PilotLogic, then we can put it back into OPM. Otherwise we would fork which is not good unless somebody takes care of the package.

guest63552

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2019, 01:12:26 pm »
It seems that OPM and official git version is quite a bit different.

Package name is different, code is different... At least pl_* version work after these mentioned tweaks.

I wonder why official git link is provided, when zip code is quite different? It is obviously a fork from PilotLogic.

balazsszekely

« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2019, 01:22:40 pm »
@po123
It seems that OPM and official git version is quite a bit different.
Package name is different, code is different... At least pl_* version work after these mentioned tweaks.
Some of the packages were submitted by forum users like you, others were added by me. Unfortunately I cannot check each package on every available widgetset and distros. It would take 10-20 man at least. If you find an error please report it, if you can fix it even better, I will update the central repository usually in 24h.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2019, 01:29:32 pm by GetMem »

lucamar

« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2019, 02:52:13 pm »
[...] it is one of the packages that PilotLogic introduced in CodeTyphon. So, the official way would be to report the issue to PilotLogic [...]

Not quite; Graphics32 has a longer history, whether PL added it to CT or not. The official way would be to report issues in the oficial GitHub: Graphics32
Turbo Pascal 3 CP/M - Amstrad PCW 8256 (512 KB !!!) :P
Lazarus/FPC 2.0.8/3.0.4 & 2.0.12/3.2.0 - 32/64 bits on:
(K|L|X)Ubuntu 12..18, Windows XP, 7, 10 and various DOSes.

wp

« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2019, 04:05:07 pm »
I tried to install the github version. The runtime and designtime packages did compile, but when building the IDE it complained about not finding one of the Graphics32 units, GR_Blend, in the folder ide of the Lazarus installation. What the heck is going on here?

guest63552

« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2019, 06:41:29 pm »
I have tested PL version more and notice massive memory leaks on GTK2  (setting -gh) with just a bit more complex example...

TinyPortal © 2005-2018