Recent

Author Topic: Won't load Apt.Dat.  (Read 26574 times)

Josh

Re: Won't load Apt.Dat.
« Reply #75 on: January 15, 2019, 12:47:06 am »
Hi

Added in an edit box that simulates the same as would do on the Listbox.

If you change the data in the grids at the bottom, it will list the changes in the memo field.

I have added in a SAVE DATA button that only appears when you have altered something.

It will then create a new file with the changes in it called apt_NEW.dat.

I have checked, and when I read in the new file, the changes are indeed there.

You should be able to create a 'form' based on the stringgrid pretty easy, you just need to extract the data from the grid line column 2, column 1 holds the line in the file. So its hould be easy enough to rebuild the line. If you examine the onediting done event of the grid, you will see how it stores the changes, it can hold upto 2000 line changes in one go.

Also added in the search for the 1,16,17 fields for icao codes.

Note I can only spend limited time on this, it shoudl hopefully give you some ideas though.
Its not the neatest code, and more checks should be added in for ranges and file i/o errors etc.
The best way to get accurate information on the forum is to post something wrong and wait for corrections.

JLWest

Re: Won't load Apt.Dat.
« Reply #76 on: January 15, 2019, 01:27:53 am »
You have done more than I would have expected. The changes I mentioned I intended to make. After all I need to understand the program, know how it works and how to make changes. I need to decide how to incorporate this and get a working product.

It's close, I think.

Thanks.
FPC 3.2.0, Lazarus IDE v2.0.4
 Windows 10 Pro 32-GB
 Intel i7 770K CPU 4.2GHz 32702MB Ram
GeForce GTX 1080 Graphics - 8 Gig
4.1 TB

TinyPortal © 2005-2018