Recent

Author Topic: Compiler crashing after Windows 10 updates  (Read 5597 times)

aussieian

Compiler crashing after Windows 10 updates
« on: January 10, 2019, 12:39:18 pm »
I have been developing programs for 64 bit Windows 10 using version 1.6.4 without any problems until a few weeks ago. There have been a couple of Windows updates since then which I CANNOT undo because of the Microsoft 19 day rule regarding updates. However, all of a sudden I can no longer compile programs that were running quite successfully because at least two options are either no longer working or crash the compiler. The FORM COLOR property does not work now, and the STRETCHDRAW instruction crashes the compiler. Attached is a sample of the errors that are generated. Has anybody else encountered this problem? Does anybody know a fix for the problem? Thanks for any help.

Josh

Re: Compiler crashing after Windows 10 updates
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2019, 12:50:33 pm »
Hi

On mine form.color is working fine..

Please state laz and fpc versions with svn numbers.

Is it possible for you to upload a simple test project?
The best way to get accurate information on the forum is to post something wrong and wait for corrections.

aussieian

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2019, 10:29:34 pm »
Hello Josh,

Version #: 1.6.4
Date: 2017-02-27
FPC Version:   3.0.2
SVN Revision:  54278

I have just tried to upload a simple zipped project which consisted simply of a blue form with a small image on it. However the transfer failed because of the size of the zipped file. Anyway the form alone would compile ( though the colour ( ENGLISH spelling ) was converted to white. However if I added a simple image to the form, the compiler crashed.

wp

« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2019, 11:16:46 pm »
I have just tried to upload a simple zipped project [...] However the transfer failed because of the size of the zipped file.
Add only source files to the zip (*.pas, *.lfm, *.lpr, *.lpi), no binaries, no compiled ppus etc. This way a sample project usually is only some tens of kB.

aussieian

« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2019, 12:39:52 pm »
Have deleted some of the unnecessary files. Hopefully the remainder will upload.

Josh

« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2019, 01:06:56 pm »
Hi

Tested on 1.8.5 (32 and 64bit), 2.0RC3 (32/64) and Latest Trunk ( I have working) (32/64).
And no issues.

Is it possible the updates have somehow reset any AV/firewall exlcusions you have in place.
Make sure your Lazarus Folder is excluded from any scans, and also the folder that contains all your projects.

I do not have 1.6.4 to test.
The best way to get accurate information on the forum is to post something wrong and wait for corrections.

wp

« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2019, 01:15:30 pm »
Tested with 1.6.4 32bit and 64 bit - no problem.

aussieian

« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2019, 12:43:44 pm »
Thanks to both for your replies.

Am only using the Windows anti-virus, and haven't changed anything.

The problem has me completely puzzled particularly as programs that were compiling just a month or so back simply will not compile without crashing Lazarus.

Thanks for your time.

Cheers,

Ian

aussieian

« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2019, 01:11:20 pm »
I have just installed the latest version of Lazarus and the problems have gone away.

Thanks for your help again.

Cheers,

Ian

TinyPortal © 2005-2018