Recent

Author Topic: Changes to Mainform not showing when running  (Read 1509 times)

Gizmo

Changes to Mainform not showing when running
« on: January 13, 2019, 06:16:50 pm »
I've had this problem before and someone said "just change a label or add a button to force the new interface to rebuild" but it is not working.

Using 1.8.4 and FPC 3.0.4, I have a program with a main form. If I change the caption (in this case) of the mainform, it shows in the IDE correctly, but when I run it, it shows the old caption. I tried adding a button and deleting it and just moving an existing button around. But no matter what I do it won't show in the running program, even if I do "Clean up and Build", or just "Build" or just "Run".

What on earth is going on? How do I get the new form setting to show in the new program at runtime?

Handoko

• My goal: build my own game engine using Lazarus
Re: Changes to Mainform not showing when running
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2019, 06:28:33 pm »
I sometimes experience weird thing, but it's usually fixed if I delete the lib folder and recompile the source code.

lucamar

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2019, 06:36:20 pm »
As an extreme measure, delete everything except the absolutely needed files, which are the .lpi, .lpr, .lfm, .pas and any other file generated by you. Specifically, delete any auto-created resource-related file: project.lrs, project.res, etc.

Remember to backup first--even if just zipping the folder as backup--so as to be able to recover if you delete a little too much (hey, it happens...)
Turbo Pascal 3 CP/M - Amstrad PCW 8256 (512 KB !!!) :P
Lazarus/FPC 2.0.8/3.0.4 & 2.0.12/3.2.0 - 32/64 bits on:
(K|L|X)Ubuntu 12..18, Windows XP, 7, 10 and various DOSes.

jamie

« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2019, 08:55:10 pm »
Are you terminating the last test run?

Its hard to tell what you are doing but the way you describe it sounds like you still have the
last test run operating or an instance of it running already.

If that is the case, you'll most likely see no change.
The only true wisdom is knowing you know nothing

TinyPortal © 2005-2018