Recent

Author Topic: I'd like to help getting anonymous functions completed / finished  (Read 3387 times)

JernejL

Im eager to help with next fpc release, i'm wondering if there is anything i can do with a feature i'm very eager to use: anonymous functions:

https://foundation.freepascal.org/projects/project-2 & http://lists.freepascal.org/pipermail/fpc-devel/2017-July/038101.html

Is there any work for me that i can do, helping get anonymous functions merged to trunk?

PascalDragon

• Compiler Developer
Re: I'd like to help getting anonymous functions completed / finished
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2019, 09:28:23 am »
Anonymous functions are Work In Progress by a third party developer (Blaise as mentioned in the second link). They are nearly done, but some bugs remain. Also remaining is the author reworking his work a bit so that it can indeed be included in trunk.
The only thing you could currently do is to ask the developer if you could add tests that can then be added to our testsuite as without tests I won't integrate that work into trunk.

PascalDragon

• Compiler Developer
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2019, 09:39:50 am »
The last private mail I received from him regarding the topic was from October 2018. Considering the delays that I noticed from him so far I'm rather confident that he's still working on it.

JernejL

« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2019, 07:32:23 pm »
The last private mail I received from him regarding the topic was from October 2018. Considering the delays that I noticed from him so far I'm rather confident that he's still working on it.

This is good, i've emailed him and hopefully i get an email back, i'd like to help with more compiler features but for now i found anonymous functions really nice feature to have, and wish to focus on one thing at once - after seeing some examples of it in bero's threaded library examples (with anonymous functions, using threads to offload work, implementation looks way cleaner with that).

TinyPortal © 2005-2018