Recent

Author Topic: IBX x OPM  (Read 2171 times)

valdir.marcos

IBX x OPM
« on: January 19, 2019, 07:59:21 am »
When installing IBX 2.2.0, today's release, using On-line Package manager:

[Error]

[Window Title]
Ambiguous unit found

[Content]
The unit IBXCustomIBLocalDBSupport exists twice in the unit path of the IDE:

1. "C:\ProgramFilesCP\LFixed\config_lazarus\onlinepackagemanager\packages\ibx\runtime\lib\x86_64-win64\IBXCustomIBLocalDBSupport.ppu"
2. "C:\ProgramFilesCP\LFixed\config_lazarus\onlinepackagemanager\packages\ibx\iblocaldb\lib\x86_64-win64\IBXCustomIBLocalDBSupport.ppu"

Hint: Check if two packages contain a unit with the same name.

[Ignore] [Ignore all] [Abort]

I have two Lazarus installs for working (2.0 RC2 Linux 64 bits and 1.8.4 Windows 64 bits). In both, I use the IBX package and it's version 2.2.0 that OPM has currently.
I see in that same forum 2.3.2 is available.
Yes, I can update to 2.3.2, but it has separate files for windows and linux, which is strange: http://www.mwasoftware.co.uk/ibx

How does OPM work? Does it depend on you to make the new version available manually?
Usually yes, but the package maintener can provide a json file, which will notify the user if a new version of the package is available.

Yes, I can update to 2.3.2, but it has separate files for windows and linux, which is strange: http://www.mwasoftware.co.uk/ibx
Strange indeed. A quick comparison of the source code shows no differences.
I am testing Lazarus 2.0.0. RC 3  FPC 3.2.0 Beta:

----------------------------------------
[Window Title]
Ambiguous unit found

[Content]
The unit IBXCustomIBLocalDBSupport exists twice in the unit path of the IDE:

1. "C:\fpcupdeluxe\config_lazarus\onlinepackagemanager\packages\ibx\runtime\lib\i386-win32\IBXCustomIBLocalDBSupport.ppu"
2. "C:\fpcupdeluxe\config_lazarus\onlinepackagemanager\packages\ibx\iblocaldb\lib\i386-win32\IBXCustomIBLocalDBSupport.ppu"

Hint: Check if two packages contain a unit with the same name.

[Ignore] [Ignore all] [Abort]
--------------------------------------

Is there a solution or what is the best workaround while the deadlock between IBX and OPM remains?

balazsszekely

Re: IBX x OPM
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2019, 08:51:38 am »
Is there a solution or what is the best workaround while the deadlock between IBX and OPM remains?
I just downloaded and installed IBX without OPM. The same "The unit IBXCustomIBLocalDBSupport exists twice in the unit path of the IDE" message persist.

PS: I added the latest version of IBX(2.3.2.0) from the author's webpage. It works fine, please test. Make sure you uninstall the old version first.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2019, 09:12:24 am by GetMem »

avra

• Additional info
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2019, 03:11:23 am »
I just downloaded and installed IBX without OPM. The same "The unit IBXCustomIBLocalDBSupport exists twice in the unit path of the IDE" message persist.
When some unit is reported to exist twice, and it comes from 2 packages from the same author, usually it can be fixed if only one PPU output dir is set for both packages. I have just made a patch and reported it to the author of REST Dataware which is a very similar case to above mentioned IBX. There are some other packages with the same problem.

For curious ones, all I did was open restdwlazdriver.lpk and changed Compiler Options / Paths / Unit output directory from lib\$(TargetCPU)-$(TargetOS) to ..\..\..\Packages\Lazarus\lib\$(TargetCPU)-$(TargetOS). That way there was no more conflict with resteasyobjectscore.lpk since they all pointed to the same dir and duplicates problem was solved.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2019, 03:14:43 am by avra »
ct2laz - Conversion between Lazarus and CodeTyphon
bithelpers - Bit manipulation for standard types
pasettimino - Siemens S7 PLC lib

balazsszekely

« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2019, 09:04:26 am »
@avra
When some unit is reported to exist twice, and it comes from 2 packages from the same author, usually it can be fixed if only one PPU output dir is set for both packages. I have just made a patch and reported it to the author of REST Dataware which is a very similar case to above mentioned IBX. There are some other packages with the same problem.
Thank you. When a new version is available I will replace REST Dataware in OPM.

TinyPortal © 2005-2018