Recent

Author Topic: Windows Manifest questions  (Read 2047 times)

xaver13

Windows Manifest questions
« on: February 13, 2019, 11:11:56 am »
Hello, please. Is anywhere a documentation how to use project options "use manifest" , "Execution level"?

I have folowing problems and questions.

I have a problem with error 740, and I am unable to debug in windows.

I saw that execution level could be in lpi file (but not when I use "as invoker").

Should I hawe my own .manifest file when options are stored in lpi?

Thank you for help.
--
Jiri Cvrk

CCRDude

Re: Windows Manifest questions
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2019, 11:32:58 am »
The execution level can easily be set by using the manifest through the Lazarus IDE.

I prefer my own manifests (not as .manifest files to ship, but as an external resource that's linked through my own .rc) because I use the Windows compatibility flags as well as custom paths where to load DLLs from (this allows me to use statically linked DLLs to be used from subfolders while having both 32 and 64 bit executables in the same folder).

For debugging, you need to start the Lazarus IDE elevated, it afaik doesn't matter at all if the debugged program has a manifest, and which execution level is specified there.

xaver13

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2019, 12:47:05 pm »
For debugging, you need to start the Lazarus IDE elevated, it afaik doesn't matter at all if the debugged program has a manifest, and which execution level is specified there.

I removed Manifest options for debugging. All it was because I hoped that I can use Windows 10 Dark Theme, but I was unsuccessful.
--
Jiri Cvrk

ASerge

« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2019, 10:47:56 pm »
For debugging, you need to start the Lazarus IDE elevated
Why?

TinyPortal © 2005-2018