Forum > Beginners

Hello friends !

(1/2) > >>

radu1984:
Hello , sorry to bother you but i have some questions if you do not mind ! I want to start conding and creating windows desktop applications . I want to know if i install only the Lazarus application do i need to install (before/after) other software or applications along the Lazarus for windows 7 32 bit and if yes what software/applications should i install , from Free Pascal or any other source so i can start learning and applyng ? So i ask you if you do not mind and have the time to give me a list of applications to install before and after Lazaruz IDE !
Thank you very much , sorry to bother you and i wish you a great day !
All the best !  ;D

ccrause:
A good start would be to read through the Installing Lazarus wiki page, and in particular the Windows section. I suspect that all of the basic components required to get Lazarus running are packaged in the installer for your OS (Lazarus, FPC, binutils).  I usually compile from source (and mostly on Linux), so I can only give limited advice.

radu1984:
Thank you ccrause it's true , for windows , 32 bit , i only need the lazarus-2.0.0-fpc-3.0.4-win32.exe , it contains both FPC/Lazarus in a single .exe package , so if i install it i could start learning and applyng without any other programs ! ?
All te best !  ;)

The text from wiki says :
"Installing Free Pascal under Windows
FPC Binaries for Windows"
By far the easiest way to get a working installation of Free Pascal is to download the current binary Windows release of Lazarus from the SourceForge repository [3] - the release contains the current versions of the Free Pascal Compiler and the Free Pascal libraries as well as the Lazarus IDE."

radu1984:
So can i start learning to code with the above program  lazarus-2.0.0-fpc-3.0.4-win32.exe on windows 7 32 bit wythout any other installment before or after  the above executable ?
Thank you and a great day !

balazsszekely:

--- Quote ---So can i start learning to code with the above program  lazarus-2.0.0-fpc-3.0.4-win32.exe on windows 7 32 bit wythout any other installment before or after  the above executable ?
--- End quote ---
The short answer is yes. In some rare cases you might need external libraries for your application(networking ssh/ssl for example), but it has nothing to do with Lazarus/FPC. You can also install packages(not binaries) to increase the productivity.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version