Forum > Third party

TMS Web Core vs. Elevate Web Builder vs, FMSoft UniGUI vs. VirtualUI vs. ?

(1/5) > >>

tatamata:
Obviously, I am looking for object pascal RAD tool to build web application in no time.
As somebody who despise web frameworks and have zero will to learn coding web apps from scratch, I am willing to pay fair price for adequate RAD tools.
Please help with advice.
So far I have found: TMS Web Core, Elevate Web Builder, Smart Mobile Studio, FMSoft UniGUI, VirtualUI, Atozed IntraWeb...
UPDATE: To clarify, I am talking about tools to compile object pascal desktop-like app to a javascript based web app.

hrayon:
Hello!
Since nobody has answered yet, and still waiting for advice ...
I also get lost and discouraged when I think about having to develop something for the Web or for mobile applications.
All the time there are new "tools" appearing, and it is a risk to invest some time in them and shortly thereafter it becomes obsolete. Or choose one that will only uncover the problems and limitations after much time invested.
Perhaps the question would be: Which tool solves this problem faster?
Which leads to the second question: Could you detail the problem?
"web application" is still somewhat vague.
But unfortunately I do not know any of the tools you have indicated. I also await good advice.
(translated by Google)

tatamata:
My intent is to use Lazarus as RAD tool for database-driven web applications.
So far I have already realized it is not currently possible, except with commercial TMS Web Core package which is promised to fully support Lazarus in next version (they said in next few weeks).
Other possibilities are also commercial, of which Elevate Web Builder seems to be best candidate. It is stand-alone RAD tool, but at least, it is object-pascal pretty much similar to Lazarus. And it is well documented, there are even commercial books available to purchase.
In both cases REST web services are needed to enable communication with databases. This is a new concept for me, but OK I hope I will learn it in reasonable time.
Generally speaking, it is pity that Lazarus haven't gone in that direction (pas2js widgets) before, but I suppose it will come in future. Desktop applications just have no future, except for narrow niche purposes.

ASBzone:

--- Quote from: tatamata on March 19, 2019, 05:12:32 pm ---Desktop applications just have no future, except for narrow niche purposes.

--- End quote ---

Sure... And mainframes are totally dead, too.

There are lots of things that happen in technology without totally obsoleting the things that went before it.

Desktop might not be the growing segment right now, but it is not obsolete by any means, and will not go that way inside of 5 years. 

marcov:
Note that it is the wrong question to ask anyway if webapps will win out in the end (regardless of the answer).

If you choose now for some webapp in a style or with tools that won't be there in 3 years, it was a wrong bet.

The correct question is which investments will last longer and maintain better.

The answer on that, of course, is "depends on app and application".

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version