Forum > Editor

Lazarus 1.8.4 IDE/editor problems

(1/4) > >>

fcs:
Hello,

I'm testing Lazarus 1.8.4 (source code of some components doesn't work on 2.0 version) as an alternative to Delphi (BDS2006-XE4).

The problems are:

1. When I use "Close All" option, files in editor closes, but when I press F9, the compilation of last project starts. In BDS close all file makes editor empty and closes the project too. Do I do something wrong ?

2. Each time I run Lazarus it starts with an empty or default project. How to prevent this situation ?

3. When I open an existing project, editor is empty. I have to use "View project source code" to see first tab in the editor. Before closing, the unit cards were opened in the editor. How properly close the project to save information of opened units in tabs ?

4. I set my own colors and font for editor. In editor the settings work well, but when I open identifier completion (Ctrl+Space), the colors and fonts are probably inherited from editor, and in my case doesn't look good (fonts are to big and colors are I don't know where from). In BDS the colors and fonts for editor and the identifier completion are different. Is the way to set font size and colors for the  identifier completion window ?

Regards
Michal

Blaazen:
AFAIK Lazarus is designed to work with just one and only one project. Even if you close all files.

There is option "Open last project and packages at start" in Project Options ... > Environment > Files.

dbannon:

--- Quote from: fcs on March 11, 2019, 10:16:39 pm ---1. When I use "Close All" option, files in editor closes, but when I press F9, the compilation of last project starts. In BDS close all file makes editor empty and closes the project too. Do I do something wrong ?

2. Each time I run Lazarus it starts with an empty or default project. How to prevent this situation ?

3. When I open an existing project, editor is empty. I have to use "View project source code" to see first tab in the editor. Before closing, the unit cards were opened in the editor. How properly close the project to save information of opened units in tabs ?

--- End quote ---

My 'work flow' when finished for the day is to leave all editor files open, click Project, close project. Then exit from the resulting dialog. When I reopen Lazarus, I am asked which project I want and all is restored to where I was when I closed (which ever project I've chosen).

--- Quote from: fcs on March 11, 2019, 10:16:39 pm ---
4. I set my own colors and font for editor. In editor the settings work well, but when I open identifier completion (Ctrl+Space), the colors and fonts are probably inherited from editor, and in my case doesn't look good (fonts are to big and colors are I don't know where from). In BDS the colors and fonts for editor and the identifier completion are different. Is the way to set font size and colors for the  identifier completion window ?

--- End quote ---

Sorry, I'm a bloke, I don't "do colours" ....

Davo

Martin_fr:
(1) "Close all" only closes, the (unit or text) files. The project stays open.

In Lazarus you always have to have a project open. (It just was designed that way a very long time ago, and to change it now would require rewrite of large parts of the IDE)

You can close the project from the project menu. But it will force you to open another project immediately (or close the IDE).

(2) Hence when you start Lazarus, either the last project can be re-opened, or an empty project has to be open.

(3) If you did "close all files" then the IDE may remember that no editor was open, so it will start a new project like this.
If you close a project with it's files open in the editor, then next time you open that project you should see editors right away.

(4) Not sure about 1.8.4, but in 2.0.0 (some of) those colors can be set.
On the color page for the editor, scroll down the tree with the color-elements. There is a section "Identifier Completion"

fcs:
Hello,

You are right.

My mistake was choosing "close all" instead of "close project"  (in BDS there in no option "Close project").

--- Quote ---(4) Not sure about 1.8.4, but in 2.0.0 (some of) those colors can be set.
On the color page for the editor, scroll down the tree with the color-elements. There is a section "Identifier Completion"
--- End quote ---

In Lazarus 1.8.4 there are no options for color settings for "Identifier Completion", they are in Lazarus 2.0, but there is no option for set font style for this window.

Thank you for your help.

Michal

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version