Recent

Author Topic: Lazarus does not Link under RH73  (Read 131 times)

stephanweber

Lazarus does not Link under RH73
« on: March 19, 2019, 08:37:24 am »
Hi, I am able to work under RH60, Ubuntu 16.04, and Windows, but now having a VMWare with RH73 I cannot link, only compilation works.
I checked the link settings, tried different ones, like smart on/off, but nothing helps. I expected a permission problem too, but I can write to the proj dir, and also running lazarus as su does not enable the linking. I also tried running lazarus compiled programs from RH6 under this RH73 env, but there are no problems.

Has anyone an idea on what could cause such linking problems?

Bye Stephan

marcov

• Global Moderator
Re: Lazarus does not Link under RH73
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2019, 08:50:05 am »
Maybe some apparmor thingy that requires a certain signature ?

Cyrax

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2019, 09:26:35 am »
Hi, I am able to work under RH60, Ubuntu 16.04, and Windows, but now having a VMWare with RH73 I cannot link, only compilation works.
I checked the link settings, tried different ones, like smart on/off, but nothing helps. I expected a permission problem too, but I can write to the proj dir, and also running lazarus as su does not enable the linking. I also tried running lazarus compiled programs from RH6 under this RH73 env, but there are no problems.

Has anyone an idea on what could cause such linking problems?

Bye Stephan

Add -va -k--verbose compiler options to your project and attach compiler output to this thread so we can see what error linker gives (and the compiler if there is any, too).

Which version of Lazarus and FPC you are using?
« Last Edit: March 19, 2019, 09:28:58 am by Cyrax »

mig-31

« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2019, 10:30:51 am »
I have two installations of CetnOS 7.3 and CetnOS 7.6 (clone of RHEL) with Lazarus 1.6.4 and Lazarus 2.0.0 and I don't have any problem with compilation. SELinux is active.
I think, it is caused by missing library in your RH7.3 installation.

Lazarus 2.0.0 - CentOS 7.x, Mageia 6.1