Forum > Databases

Can't load Sqlite client library "libsqlite3.so".Check your installation-Ubuntu

(1/3) > >>

Goodman H__:
I got the subjected error message under Ubuntu 10 when I test sqlite3 DB connection.What does this mean,how can I fixed?I checked the system do have libsqlite3.so installed under \use\lib.Below is what I did :

In the form I placed a sqlite3connection,in the property field databaseName I entered mydb.db3 which is in the same folder with the project.Now I tried to change active to true,I got the error message.

It would be grateful if anybody can help.

Regrds,
Sam

stonefull:
Try

sudo apt-get install libsqlite3-dev

devEric69:
Try copying your library libsqlite3.so, into /usr/lib (executables search for libraries in a set of places, e.g. /lib, /usr/lib, /usr/local/lib,... so if you do not put your .so file in one of these places like /usr/local/lib, it might be a good place).

Thaddy:

--- Quote from: devEric69 on March 19, 2019, 01:28:12 pm ---Try copying your library libsqlite3.so, into /usr/lib (executables search for libraries in a set of places, e.g. /lib, /usr/lib, /usr/local/lib,... so if you do not put your .so file in one of these places like /usr/local/lib, it might be a good place).

--- End quote ---
That's probably worse, since sqlite is already present on most systems (except the headers).

Try this first and report back:

--- Code: Bash  [+][-]window.onload = function(){var x1 = document.getElementById("main_content_section"); if (x1) { var x = document.getElementsByClassName("geshi");for (var i = 0; i < x.length; i++) { x[i].style.maxHeight='none'; x[i].style.height = Math.min(x[i].clientHeight+15,306)+'px'; x[i].style.resize = "vertical";}};} ---cd /sudo find -name libsqlite3.so* That wil give you something like this:

--- Code: Text  [+][-]window.onload = function(){var x1 = document.getElementById("main_content_section"); if (x1) { var x = document.getElementsByClassName("geshi");for (var i = 0; i < x.length; i++) { x[i].style.maxHeight='none'; x[i].style.height = Math.min(x[i].clientHeight+15,306)+'px'; x[i].style.resize = "vertical";}};} --- sudo find -name libsqlite3.so.*./usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libsqlite3.so.0.8.6./usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libsqlite3.so.0 Now just make a symlink to one of the last two that is called
--- Code: Bash  [+][-]window.onload = function(){var x1 = document.getElementById("main_content_section"); if (x1) { var x = document.getElementsByClassName("geshi");for (var i = 0; i < x.length; i++) { x[i].style.maxHeight='none'; x[i].style.height = Math.min(x[i].clientHeight+15,306)+'px'; x[i].style.resize = "vertical";}};} ---libsqlite3.so# like /usr/local/lib/libsqlite3.so # or /usr/lib/libsqlite3.so#  (better to do the first one)The reason is that there are multiple versions and none of them are symlinked to the proper - default - name.

devEric69:
Thank you for responding.
To make sure I understand, I just have to make a link like this:

--- Code: Bash  [+][-]window.onload = function(){var x1 = document.getElementById("main_content_section"); if (x1) { var x = document.getElementsByClassName("geshi");for (var i = 0; i < x.length; i++) { x[i].style.maxHeight='none'; x[i].style.height = Math.min(x[i].clientHeight+15,306)+'px'; x[i].style.resize = "vertical";}};} ---                             ↙--------------------------------------------↖ln    -sf    /usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libsqlite3.so.0    /usr/lib/libsqlite3.so   
( Besides: one thing that bothered me and that I didn't understand, that's why the symlink called libsqlite3.so.*0*. Why libsqlite3.so.0 instead of just libsqlite3.so? I found the explanation in this page (http://wiki.freepascal.org/SQLite/fr), paragraph "§ Cas de Debian Jessie": "[SNIP] Debian Jessie only offers the symbolic link libsqlite3.so.0. [/SNIP]" ==> from this historical limitation, the symlink is named libsqlite3.so.0 )

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version