Recent

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
General / Re: How to: create DLL file for Windows 10 64-Bit Pro
« Last post by TRon on Today at 08:11:24 pm »
When people want to know how a specific Windows API function operates, they don't come here, they don't look at how it is defined in the FPC units, they go to the author, that is MS and read the spec and code the calls as called for the spec.  You're right, there is absolutely nothing to argue about.  The Pascal definition is _wrong_, period.  Proof: code as spec'ed and you'll get a violation.
+1

With the sidenote that usually I first check the jedi declaration so that I do not have to do it myself because I'm a lazy as F*. :)
Для того чтоб люди заинтересовались вашей игрой, вы должны сделать минимальный обзор игры. Один из лучших вариантов - это сделать видеообзор. Человек посмотрит и сможет решить имеет ли смысл брать игру или нет.

-----------------
Google translate:
In order for people to become interested in your game, you must provide a minimal review of the game. One of the best options is to do a video review. A person will look and be able to decide whether it makes sense to take the game or not.
FPC development / Re: what to do if my target MIPS cpu has no FPU
« Last post by Thaddy on Today at 07:54:39 pm »
But I am on topic.
Thank you. A lot of information there for me to think about. I will certainly consider Steam.
I thought my landing page got the idea across, but I have been staring at this project for months and I am very familiar with it. It's probably very difficult for me to see it from the eyes of a newcomer.
It's very true what you said about considering the investment against the return for smaller sites. Gamejolt for example is just white noise of low quality games.

I have uploaded the windows version. Getting to release on both windows and linux with a relatively small porting effort was one of the main reasons I chose freepascal and lazarus.
Databases / Re: Access violation when re-opening SQL query with parameters
« Last post by TRon on Today at 07:37:31 pm »
Hi Chris and welcome.

It is good that you have been able to isolate things but the provided information is a bit too scarce  :)

Please provide a standalone small test example that is complete and able to compile out of the box.

Also note that having a interbase server is not usually something that is around for testing (at least I do not have one).

At first quick glance I never see a proper close down of things. That is probably because the posted example is merely a snippet of a complete (test/example) project. It is impossible to tell without having the whole picture to be bale to look at and that includes the configuration/modification of your visual components (lfm file).

See also wiki about publishing a project
FPC development / Re: assembler name is longer than 16 chars
« Last post by TRon on Today at 07:26:33 pm »
You should not hardcode the assembler prefix. It should be determined automatically, or be configured by the user (The -XP<prefix> command). Just put the asmbin name as 'as'

If you need special cases try to look in "options.pas". Look for other places where utilsprefix is set
+1

Indeed if there is need for special naming then it is suppose to be user configurable (by said -XP option to prefix).

Also the compiler makefile has provision for that with BINUTILSPREFIX
« Last post by 440bx on Today at 07:19:45 pm »
@440bx I do not want to argue about what is correct or more close to the original, if he calls it wrong with your header(s), the result stay same.
There isn't anything to argue about.  The MS definition is a specification one that the Pascal definition does _not_ meet.  The fact that something that is _wrong_ can be made to work does not make it right. 

When people want to know how a specific Windows API function operates, they don't come here, they don't look at how it is defined in the FPC units, they go to the author, that is MS and read the spec and code the calls as called for the spec.  You're right, there is absolutely nothing to argue about.  The Pascal definition is _wrong_, period.  Proof: code as spec'ed and you'll get a violation.

Databases / Database standards OR Am I doing this right?
« Last post by wpflum on Today at 07:18:20 pm »
I've never worked database objects where the object is connected to an SQL server, Online Azure in this case, is there a standard/recommended way to handle writing back to a query when there are other users also writing back to the same table and possibly the same record?  I'm connecting using Zeos, a ZConnection, and then using queries to get the data for a dbgrid and when i write back to the table i'm using a zquery with an update.  This works correctly but when I try having another copy of the program open I can read fine but if I try and update the record I get a 0 record updated error, I trapped that and  tried to just reread the record and then update the difference but something isn't quit working the way I think it should. Writting two seperate records seems to be working, it's just using the same one is the problem, and that could happen since this is a Check in program designed to let the user enter how may people for a company show up and it's possible to have someone from the same company check in at different entrances.

« Last post by TRon on Today at 07:15:40 pm »
The following will crash the application ( WriteFile  Lines: 86 ):
... and (I) thank heavens for that.

It has been pointed out several times now yet somehow expecting a different result.
FPC development / Re: what to do if my target MIPS cpu has no FPU
« Last post by Laksen on Today at 07:04:34 pm »
Thaddy, please keep on topic. This is clearly about softfpu development for the RTL
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10

TinyPortal © 2005-2018