Recent

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Editor / match automatic highlight on NON matching text?
« Last post by Чебурашка on Today at 09:17:08 am »
Hello,
I am doing a code refactoring in order to comply with a new coding standard I decided with my team.

One of my modifications is this: substitute a parameter of a procedure whose name was "o" (was a o: TObject) with "Aobject". Please nobody laugh on "o" (facepalm).

Now my problem is this: I did a replace on local file "o" to "Aobject" with case sensitive and whole word options checked and it works. But since I must be sure of each swap I need to give confirmation of each replace. The problem is that when a match is found, it is automatically selected for being replaced, but along with it, there is also a plenty of NON matches partially highlighted. Why is lazarus showing those invalid ones? What is the sense? Can I prevent this from happening?

The lazarus I am telling in this post is the one written below for Linux (2.0.10)

See attached picture.
TAChart / Tchart with dual numbers at the axis
« Last post by stephanweber on Today at 09:14:45 am »
Hi,

in my data is is native to have the axis labeled with dual numbers.

E.g. by default your axis label values might be this:

0   50  100  150  250  300

But I want:

0    64   128   192   256

I found that using nice steps can give this. However, it works only at design time, when the real data is inserted at runtime I got back the standard style. I played with extent, range, etc. but at the end I only get the standard setting.

Can anybody help?

Bye Stephan
Other / Re: Copyrights Q
« Last post by BrassGear on Today at 09:13:14 am »
You can polish the bottom, polish the top and you'll have a nice, useless, piece of plastic.

That's right, 440bx. Don't polish the top.
$make compiler_cycle CPU_TARGET=mipsel OS_TARGET=ps1 OPT="-O- -CR -glv -dEXTDEBUG" CROSSOPT="-O- -g-" ALLOW_WARNINGS=1
Other / Re: Quirky windows
« Last post by tetrastes on Today at 08:59:06 am »
Code: Pascal  [Select][+][-]
  1. {$APPTYPE GUI}
  2. begin
  3.   RunError;
  4. end.
:D
Graphics / Re: May be useful to somebody
« Last post by Handoko on Today at 07:35:48 am »
Graphics / Re: How can I draw a rectangle onto an image of a ScrollBox?
« Last post by Handoko on Today at 07:30:55 am »
But I will publish my application if it will be done and you will see better its structure.

Any news about the application? I am curious to see what you're currently working on. Some screenshots maybe.
General / Re: Draw a line in the ScrollBox ?
« Last post by Handoko on Today at 07:27:54 am »
Is it possible to draw a line in the scrollbox with the onclick event and make it moveable?

To achieve it, basically you need to solve these 3 things:

1. Draw the lines
This is the easiest. If you don't know how to do it, here has an example code showing how to draw lines on a scrollbox's canvas and the canvas of the object inside the scrollbox:
https://forum.lazarus.freepascal.org/index.php/topic,66899.msg513831.html#msg513831

2. Store the lines' information
Because you need to make them moveable, you need to store the basic information of the items. You can write your own data structure for information like: PosX, PosY, color, object_type, etc. And then you can use a dynamic array as the container for storing them. For more advanced usage you can use TList or FPObjectList. Here is a list of the available containers for Lazarus:
https://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/Data_Structures,_Containers,_Collections

3. Sprite picking
This is hardest part. Even you got a fully working code, you may still scratch your head for understanding it. If all the items have basic geometry shapes, rectangle for example you need to loop the z-order and compare your mouse position with the shape's left-top most and right-bottom most coordinates. But if they have varies or irregular shapes, you need to use different method. Mr.Madguy provided a fully working code for irregular shape sprite picking technique:
https://forum.lazarus.freepascal.org/index.php/topic,36871.msg246309.html#msg246309

Usually, I would provide a fully working demo but I'm sorry I am very busy recently. I cannot help.
  May I please ask you to split that single file into 3 different ones?

Sorry for the late reply.
Here they are.
macOS / Mac OS X / Re: Debugger crashes with Apple Silicon code
« Last post by trev on Today at 06:00:08 am »
I found the lldb source code for this error message, but I am none the wiser:

From https://github.com/llvm/llvm-project/blob/883887493c882d656d5da100ee637a348e81357c/lldb/source/Plugins/Platform/MacOSX/PlatformDarwin.cpp#L123

Code: [Select]
lldb::ProcessSP PlatformDarwin::DebugProcess(ProcessLaunchInfo &launch_info,
                                             Debugger &debugger, Target &target,
                                             Status &error) {
  ProcessSP process_sp;

if (IsHost()) {
    // We are going to hand this process off to debugserver which will be in
    // charge of setting the exit status.  However, we still need to reap it
    // from lldb. So, make sure we use a exit callback which does not set exit
    // status.
    launch_info.SetMonitorProcessCallback(
        &ProcessLaunchInfo::NoOpMonitorCallback);
    process_sp = Platform::DebugProcess(launch_info, debugger, target, error);
  } else {
    if (m_remote_platform_sp)