Recent

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Other / Re: Forum slow
« Last post by 440bx on Today at 02:00:43 pm »
It's morning here now and the forum is _noticeably_ more responsive. :)
Debugger / Re: FpDebug breakpoint on "begin"
« Last post by 440bx on Today at 01:59:45 pm »
Sorry for the off-topic 440bx, but may I ask which font family you use in your code editor?  They look very cool.
No problem. 

I use the font that Borland distributed with Delphi 2 (and possibly some of the later versions.)  It's called "BorlandTE" (filename: BORTE.FON). Quite likely the best programming font ever designed.  Since its release I have not seen anything that matches it (though one font comes awfully close.)

I cannot share it because it is copyrighted but, there is a clone that is _almost_ identical that is a free download, it is "raize" font.  It so close that if you don't have them both, it's not likely you'd notice that one isn't the other (hint: the numeral "0" is where the difference between the two is more noticeable.)

I don't want to promote one site over another by offering a link.  Just do a search on "raize font".  There is one site where the font is rated at 4.9, I've used that site.  Any site you pick, be careful, they try to con you into clicking on something that is not the download button for the font but some junk they are peddling.

There is another clone called "Borlandte-cjm" (free with attribution), what's interesting about it is that it is a truetype font and works in Visual Studio (the reason I looked for it and found it, I wanted to use Borland's font in VS.)  It's a good effort and the fact that it works in VS gives it value but, it's noticeably not as good as Borland's raster font but, you may want to look at it.

Succinctly, first choice: BorlandTE, second (and close) choice: Raize, third choice (not as close as I'd like): Borlandte-cjm.

For more information about fonts, comments and screenshots, I recommend the easy to read article https://darinhiggins.com/2012/05/18/best-programming-font/

There about 4 additional alternatives that article mentions that I would consider if I didn't have Borland's font.

HTH.
General / Re: HeapTrc not showing line numbers
« Last post by dbannon on Today at 01:17:33 pm »
For a long time, the good heaptrc data was not available on the Mac. And I am not aware that that has changed to be honest. I'd love to be proven wrong.

I do all my debugging on Linux and have sufficiently little Mac specific code for that to be enough. If you can get your app to build and run a linux machine, a VM might be the way to go. I know Virtual Box is available for the Mac but never tried it my self ....

Davo 
General / Re: Converting a string/index to upper/lower ...
« Last post by wp on Today at 01:14:55 pm »
TRon, I now created a usable project from your code and ran it - and it is working as expected. I also added a checkbox to temporarily disable the "loCaseInsensitive" option, and this works also (for example: when "mel" is typed and loCaseInsensitive is active the record "Melinda" is found; it is not found, when loCaseInsensitive is not active.

1HuntnMan, I think from your other posts, that you are using a TDbf database. There is a problem with it: TDbf has a strange "understanding" of what "loPartialKey" means - it is happy when the first character matches, any other characters are ignored! Run the following project:
Code: Pascal  [Select][+][-]
  1. program project1;
  3. uses
  4.   SysUtils, DB, DBF;
  6. const
  7.   FILENAME = 'test.dbf';
  8.   // Select one of the following SEARCH_FOR constants:
  9.   SEARCH_FOR = 'Axyz';   // <--- THIS WILL BE FOUND ALTHOUGH IT IS NOT IN THE DB
  10.   //SEARCH_FOR = 'xyz';  // <--- THIS WILL NOT BE FOUND.
  12. var
  13.   Dbf1: TDbf;
  15. begin
  16.   if not DirectoryExists('data') then CreateDir('data');
  18.   Dbf1 := TDbf.Create(nil);
  19.   Dbf1.FilePath := 'data';
  20.   Dbf1.TableName := FILENAME;
  22.   if not FileExists(dbf1.FilePath + FILENAME) then begin
  23.     // Create table
  24.     Dbf1.TableLevel := 7;
  25.     Dbf1.Exclusive := True;
  26.     Dbf1.FieldDefs.Add('Country', ftString, 25, True);
  27.     Dbf1.CreateTable;
  29.     // Create a primary and two secondary indexes
  30.     Dbf1.Open;
  31.     Dbf1.AddIndex('idxByCountry', 'Country', [ixCaseInsensitive]);
  33.     // Add some data...
  34.     Dbf1.Append;
  35.     Dbf1.FieldByName('Country').AsString := 'France';
  36.     Dbf1.Post;
  38.     Dbf1.Append;
  39.     Dbf1.FieldByName('Country').AsString := 'Egypt';
  40.     Dbf1.Post;
  42.     Dbf1.Append;
  43.     Dbf1.FieldByName('Country').AsString := 'Indonesia';
  44.     Dbf1.Post;
  46.     Dbf1.Append;
  47.     Dbf1.FieldByName('Country').AsString := 'Austria';
  48.     Dbf1.Post;
  49.   end
  50.   else
  51.     Dbf1.Open;
  53. //  Dbf1.IndexName := 'idxByCountry';
  55.   if Dbf1.Locate('Country', SEARCH_FOR, [loCaseInsensitive, loPartialKey]) then
  56.     WriteLn(SEARCH_FOR, ' found.')
  57.   else
  58.     WriteLn(SEARCH_FOR, ' not found.');
  60.   Dbf1.Close;
  61.   Dbf1.Free;
  63.   ReadLn;
  64. end.
This code creates a simple dBase table containing some country names, one of them is 'Austria'. When I now call Dbf1.Locate('Country, 'Axyz', [loCaseInsensitive, loPartialKey]) the function reports "found" although the country name 'Axyz' is not in the table! It seems to be sufficient when the first character matches.

Why is this important? Because TJvDBSearchEdit calls it internally in one of its procedures.

I'll write a bug report about this erroneous behaviour, maybe it gets fixed, or maybe I find a fix myself. BUT: This is FPC code and it may take a long time until the fix will be in a released version. Maybe it is better to modify TJvDBSearchEdit such that this critical function can be by-passed. Give me some time...

BTW: The "other" TDbf version in svn is working correctly.

General / Re: HeapTrc not showing line numbers
« Last post by JdeHaan on Today at 12:55:14 pm »
Thanks for the suggestion.
Updated to latest trunk, set debug info to dwarf (tested all 3), but unfortunately the result is the same.
Hi Joao Paulo,

Do you have an example of TNNetConcat and TNNetSplitChannels?

Thank you.

B->
General / Re: Access violation when opening Tools/Options
« Last post by JuhaManninen on Today at 12:31:34 pm »
@Чебурашка did not even try my suggestion which was to delete the local config dir.  :(

It does make me wonder if the IDE should (be allowed to) crash when something is perhaps configured incorrectly or has become incompatible (*).
It shouldn't crash. A debugger stacktrace would also help to find where it crashes. The whole IDE must then be compiled with debug info and run under a debugger.
That is the pointer/entry of the code to be executed. The .data part gives the data with which that code should be executed.
Other / Re: Forum slow
« Last post by Joanna on Today at 12:17:51 pm »
One thing I’ve noticed is sometimes there is a delay in email notifications. I don’t know what is causing the delay.
What does the .code part do?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10

TinyPortal © 2005-2018